The Student Room Group

Can you resit full university years???

Hi I am a 30 year old mature student, currently studying LLB Law. I am in second year now and just about to take my exams.

However I have had mental health problems in the past which have caused me to not be able to concentrate properly. I do get good grades when I apply myself but unfortunately I have not been able to concentrate this year.

I was wondering if it is possible to resit the full year again, so start second year in September again. Instead of getting bad grades on my exams now and ruining my chances of getting a good final degree grade.

I want to pursue a career in law no matter what so quitting is not an option. I would rather take an extra year to achieve my goals than drop out altogether.

Can any one tell me what my options are please???
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Alawstudent2015
Hi I am a 30 year old mature student, currently studying LLB Law. I am in second year now and just about to take my exams.

However I have had mental health problems in the past which have caused me to not be able to concentrate properly. I do get good grades when I apply myself but unfortunately I have not been able to concentrate this year.

I was wondering if it is possible to resit the full year again, so start second year in September again. Instead of getting bad grades on my exams now and ruining my chances of getting a good final degree grade.

I want to pursue a career in law no matter what so quitting is not an option. I would rather take an extra year to achieve my goals than drop out altogether.

Can any one tell me what my options are please???

Surely talking to student support or your adviser at uni or your GP is the best place to start? All unis have different policies so I'd start there... But I would imagine you would need a really solid medically backed reason to have to do it again, I wouldn't go in with 'I can't concentrate so I haven't been able to apply myself.' (Please don't read this as me belittling your problems, my point is that you will no doubt need a medical certificate if you want to use your current mental state as reason for resitting, so you need to be able to prove beyond doubt that it has affected you this year and that you won't be able to pass/complete the year satisfactorily.)
(edited 9 years ago)
additionally to SuperCat007 's response, if you fail your exams you can resit the year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending