The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I was savagely beaten by my dad.
Yes. To be fair, I've had a pretty good life overall. In comparison to many others in this world, I've been extremely fortunate.
No too many adults in conflict. Too little fun. Not many good role models. No structure. Messy house.
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I was savagely beaten by my dad.
Really? Did anyone do anything about it? What was wrong with him?
Hindsight tends to make things look better so I'm unsure. Also, I have little to compare it to, better or worse so I don't think I can say accurately tbh.
Yes I did.
Reply 7
Yeah I had a great childhood. I was an only child so I was always spoiled from my grandparents :tongue:
I did have a happy childhood, then I found out I had hair near my penis, my childhood was over. (Biologically)
I'd say mixed. Having had to experience 3 civil wars/conflicts, and moving countries, I became an angry child and a somewhat troubled teenager. But I've definitely had some happy moments and was surrounded by great family and friends, and I'm an overall happy seventeen year old now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AvatarMew
I did have a happy childhood, then I found out I had hair near my penis, my childhood was over. (Biologically)

:tongue:
Yes, I had a pretty happy childhood.

Privileged? Well I've always had a roof over my head and food on the table, so I have been luckier than some. But no I wouldn't call myself privileged.
I had a very happy childhood. When I got to 12-13 I was really sad that it was coming to an end.
Generally yes, but my parents divorced when I was 12 and although long-term that's been fine, it was hard at the time. I also changed school at that time and suddenly had two homes I could opt to live in, which was both interesting and kind of exciting and also hard at times.

Privileged - yes, in lots of ways, these things are always relative - but as a white person, having upper-middle class achieving parents, gettting access to a very good education, help with financial issues and other things, yes, I count myself very privileged both by global and local standards.
Bump
Yes, my childhood was brilliant.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Yes, my childhood was brilliant.

Yeh sure m8

How does having your finger burned 24/7 and wasting time in church constitute towards a brilliant childhood

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by •Cl+Cl• ---> Cl2
Yeh sure m8

How does having your finger burned 24/7 and wasting time in church constitute towards a brilliant childhood

Posted from TSR Mobile

That actually made me laugh Quantum :laugh:
Yup
Reply 19
Yes :h: An incredible one!

Sometimes I wish I could just go back :/