The Student Room Group

Changing to petrol.

I've done around 30 lessons and passed my theory, got a few maneuvers left. My instructor went on holiday like 4 weeks ago and he gave us the number of another instructor for while he's gone and lent the car to him for his customers. This car I've been driving is diesel. I like this other instructor more since I learn more with him and the atmosphere feels more relaxed, the instructor who is on holiday i feel criticises every little mistake and I don't make too much progress with him. Thing is that this other instructor I've been with since he's been on holiday has a petrol car and I was wondering how difficult it is adjusting from diesel to petrol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
I've done around 30 lessons and passed my theory, got a few maneuvers left. My instructor went on holiday like 4 weeks ago and he gave us the number of another instructor for while he's gone and lent the car to him for his customers. This car I've been driving is diesel. I like this other instructor more since I learn more with him and the atmosphere feels more relaxed, the instructor who is on holiday i feel criticises every little mistake and I don't make too much progress with him. Thing is that this other instructor I've been with since he's been on holiday has a petrol car and I was wondering how difficult it is adjusting from diesel to petrol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you've done 30 lessons you should be fairly competent at driving, I doubt you'll notice any difference except the diesel having more pulling power with lower revs. If you're unsure, ask your current instructor for a quick 20 minute familiarisation run before you start a lesson or something so you get used to it :smile:
Original post by JoeL1994
If you've done 30 lessons you should be fairly competent at driving, I doubt you'll notice any difference except the diesel having more pulling power with lower revs. If you're unsure, ask your current instructor for a quick 20 minute familiarisation run before you start a lesson or something so you get used to it :smile:

Cheers nice one cos this other instructor is much better than the other one :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cheers nice one cos this other instructor is much better than the other one :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem, good luck with your practical - it's easier than the theory :P
There is more to worry about changing between models of cars, like where the wipers are etc than the type of engine. You'd hardly notice after a few mins.
Original post by JoeL1994
No problem, good luck with your practical - it's easier than the theory :P

Haha hope so. Didn't revise much for theory so if this is easier :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha hope so. Didn't revise much for theory so if this is easier :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the eyesight test, show me where the car horn is, tell me how you'd check the lights are ok, reverse into a parking bay at the test centre, 20 minute drive - jobs a goodun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending