The Student Room Group

Have you ever let go someone you like and regret it later?

As the title says.

Scroll to see replies

No not really...that sounds like something a toddler would do.

"I don't like this toy" *throws toy away and someone else takes it* "Gimme back my toy, I had it first."

You'd think we as teenagers/adults would be able to decide what we did/didn't want.

Didn't mean this to sound as patronizing as it is but im to lazy to go back and change it.
Let someone go but I don't regret it, I do regret the way I handled it however.
Yes. Was quite young at the time and there was this girl I liked and she liked me but was VERY easy especially for her age, she was very respectable as well. So for her sake I kind of distanced myself from her. What was I thinking?

Yes, I am irresistible:wink:
Reply 4
No. I have no regrets. I don't want to be tied down to one person, I want to try to enjoy life and be free. No regrets, no apologies.
No, no regrets because if its meant to be it will happen.
A friend of mine who I was close to a few years ago (and basically friends with benefits) wanted to be in a relationship with me and asked me, I said I thought it'd be better if we just stayed how we are, cos we're perfectly fine like that - i mean, we acted as if we were in a relationship anyway - so a week later he stops texting me and tells me he has a girlfriend. I don't know if I regret saying no, obviously if he liked me enough he wouldn't have just left me like that but I guess he was just desperate for a girlfriend? Idk, sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I had said yes. Then again, I wouldn't have met my current boyfriend, who is way more amazing:smile:
Original post by redleader1
No, no regrets because if its meant to be it will happen.

Ditto.
Yes. Early last year me and this girl had a thing. Now we never actually dated because she'd just come out of a relationship and she'd dated 5 guys in the space of 5 months,so she said she "needed time". Now before you start thinking she's a slut,know this. She's bi polar and she has this habit of searching for affection for males because her dad left when she was young and her step dad is abusive towards her which explains why she easily falls for guys,in a bid to find sympathy from them. So yeah she told me she liked me and,before i even asked her out,she told me in a few weeks she'd be ready for us to date. Somehow i needed messing everything up by saying the wrong **** and being too forward,so i pushed her away and she ended up losing feelings for me,something i regretted for some time but I've now come to terms with.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by godivaontherocks
Ditto.

What does ditto mean ?
Original post by redleader1
What does ditto mean ?

lol I agree with what you said.
Yes. When me and my bf first got together when we were 16, I ended it and tbh, I can't even remember why. I regretted it every day since and a year later we got back together and have been together for 6 years since.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes and no. I regret it because he's a really good man and smart as well. I didn't because he was quickly after another girl when I requested to remain as friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I don't regret letting go of someone I liked because there was a reason for it. There is a thin line between determination and desperation and I decided that fighting for his attention all the time was just going to make me feel clingy and desperate. So y'know au revoir to him! :cool:
Reply 14
Yep. My second ex. I wish we were still together, because I know he'd never cheat on me or make me feel worthless. If I stayed with him, I wouldn't have been this depressed

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by NutE
Yep. My second ex. I wish we were still together, because I know he'd never cheat on me or make me feel worthless. If I stayed with him, I wouldn't have been this depressed

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry to ask but so was it you who cheated?
Reply 16
Original post by pagorai
I'm sorry to ask but so was it you who cheated?

I have not cheated in my life. Juicy J, Devastator, Vondas? Do these usernames sound familiar? Yeah, he was my third ex and he cheated on me. If I stayed with my second ex, I would never have met Juicy and so I wouldn't have gotten cheated on and destroyed inside.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I've always held on until I thought it was the right time to let go. It hasn't always been what I wanted but what was best.
Original post by NutE
I have not cheated in my life. Juicy J, Devastator, Vondas? Do these usernames sound familiar? Yeah, he was my third ex and he cheated on me. If I stayed with my second ex, I would never have met Juicy and so I wouldn't have gotten cheated on and destroyed inside.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have seen Juicy J in other threads. So that means you were the one to break up with your second ex?
Reply 19
Original post by pagorai
I have seen Juicy J in other threads. So that means you were the one to break up with your second ex?

Yep I broke up with my second ex because I didn't actually like him much. I only started to like him once we were friends (we decided to be friends after the break up), but when I told him I liked him (this was like 2/3 months after our break up), he said it was too late. We're still good friends now though :smile: so it's not too bad and sad of a story

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending