The Student Room Group

Anyone worked in NZ?

I'm thinking of taking an IT job in Auckland, NZ. ~£35k. I'm interested in a few things, would appreciate input from anyone who made the move:

1. Cost of rent.
2. Cost of buying and insuring a car (in UK, as a 22 yo guy, I pay through the roof for insurance).
3. Cost of foodage.
4. Is it feasible with my salary, that I after a year I could save enough to get a mortgage on a flat? If not, how much of a pay rise would I need?
Reply 1
Original post by not elohssa
I'm thinking of taking an IT job in Auckland, NZ. ~£35k. I'm interested in a few things, would appreciate input from anyone who made the move:

1. Cost of rent.
2. Cost of buying and insuring a car (in UK, as a 22 yo guy, I pay through the roof for insurance).
3. Cost of foodage.
4. Is it feasible with my salary, that I after a year I could save enough to get a mortgage on a flat? If not, how much of a pay rise would I need?

Cars are cheap in NZ, they allow second hand Japanese Imports into the country which includes BMW's. You can buy a resonable car for NZD 5000 (2500 GBP). Car insurance is not compulsary ( third party is a good idea but not compulsary) 20% of people have no insurance. Website Trademe.co.nz has cars and rental properties.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending