The Student Room Group

Black on black anti immigrant racism.

The point of posting this shocking story is because i feel as if there is no balanced narrative about racism in the world today. Black people who think they cannot be racist are delusional, and white people who self flagellate are equally delusional.

Racism can exist between any group of people.

This story has shocking images. Its a black immigrant from Mozambique into South Africa who is brutally murdered by a black racist anti immigrant gang.

This anti immigrant violence in SA has been largely ignored by the media because it does not fit the established narratives about how racism is supposed to work.

More shocking images here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3046924/Butchered-street-begged-mercy-Savage-moments-Mozambican-man-bled-death-gutter-victim-South-African-anti-immigrant-violence.html

Scroll to see replies

After reading this post what I got was a) anyone can be racist b) racism is irritational c) racism is both horrific and dangerous, in which case I fully agree.
This Xenophobia you clown not racism. They're not attacking them because they're black. They're attacking people because they're immigrants from somewhere else regardless of skin colour.

How can you hijack this savage brutal violence to fuel your own racist agenda that black people can't be racist, completely ignoring the real issue at hand.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sevchenko
This Xenophobia you clown not racism. They're not attacking them because they're black. They're attacking people because they're immigrants from somewhere else regardless of skin colour.

How can you hijack this savage brutal violence to fuel your own racist agenda that black people can't be racist, completely ignoring the real issue at hand.

To be fair they may be racist to those not from their own country.
Reply 4
this sort of thing has been happening long before Africa was drawn up into countries with a ruler, and it will continue to happen
Original post by Fizzel
Probably because its not racism just plain xenophobia. It has its basis in economics surrounding immigration, nothing more.

Some people in general don't like others going into their country, maybe they are afraid of change?
Original post by German123
Some people in general don't like others going into their country, maybe they are afraid of change?

Which isn't racism
Original post by MatureStudent36
Which isn't racism

It sort of is. For example, in Poland you hardly see people of other races and they are not use to cultures different than their own. No wonder their laws are harsh for the foreigners.
The issue in South Africa has never been about race. Rather tribe. This is tribal violence from one tribe the Zulu against other people. South Africa worked to a good extent under Apartheid because one tribe the Boer-Afrikaner's were in the dominant position. Much of the violence in South Africa has been aimed against them since Apartheid ended. However it isn't just against them, but other tribes fighting each other for power. Immigrants coming in is seen as a threat to their power and security.
It sort of is. For example, in Poland you hardly see people of other races and they are not use to cultures different than their own. No wonder their laws are harsh for the foreigners.

You need to understand Polish history. It has been crushed by foreign powers Germany-Austria-Russia-Sweden. It is also a very young country within its currently territory, unsure of its survival. It has to remain homogeneous because of its insecurity.
Original post by william walker
You need to understand Polish history. It has been crushed by foreign powers Germany-Austria-Russia-Sweden. It is also a very young country within its currently territory, unsure of its survival. It has to remain homogeneous because of its insecurity.

Yes, I do sort of understand Polish history as I was born in Poland and even did History as a GCSE.

Anyway despite what you said that is no excuse for them to treat foreigners badly.

Obviously not all Polish people are like that but their laws concerning immigrants/outsiders is a little bit over the top.

I think everyone should be treated equally despite being of a different race as we are human beings afterall.

Nah, they just openly hate Jews and Muslims and blacks
Yes, I do sort of understand Polish history as I was born in Poland and even did History as a GCSE.

Anyway despite what you said that is no excuse for them to treat foreigners badly.

Obviously not all Polish people are like that but their laws concerning immigrants/outsiders is a little bit over the top.

I think everyone should be treated equally despite being of a different race as we are human beings afterall.

Oh good then.

It isn't an excuse, it is the reason why it happens. The reason why the Polish have laws you oppose.

You neglect legacy.
Original post by Babada Boopy
Nah, they just openly hate Jews and Muslims and blacks

And? There are reasons why people hate Jews, Muslims and Blacks.
And? There are reasons why people hate Jews, Muslims and Blacks.

Out of interest, what are those reasons? like I understand why some People don't like extremists but the Jews and blacks? what did they actually do to deserve hatred?
Oh good then.

It isn't an excuse, it is the reason why it happens. The reason why the Polish have laws you oppose.

You neglect legacy.

I was just saying.
Out of interest, what are those reasons? like I understand why some People don't like extremists but the Jews and blacks? what did they actually do to deserve hatred?

Well people hate Jews because they loan out money with interest. Making the Jews rich and giving them power beyond their numbers in Europe. People hate Black people because they are different and from another place. People hate Muslims because they are a different religion. However Jews hate Black people, Muslims and Christians in Israel. Black Africans nations hate white people and Jews. Muslim nations hate Jews and Christians. Arabs are racist and hate Black Muslims and Jews.

Really those it comes down to power. One groups has people within a geographical area or nation and they want to maintain it. When another group comes in it threatens their power.
I was just saying.

Jolly good then.

Before WW2 Poland was the centre of Jewish people and culture in Europe. The Germans essentially killed them all, and the few survivors left Poland soon afterwards removing a huge Jew influence from the country and leaving it wholly Catholic. Many Poles collaborated with the Germans and this, along with Jewish influence being removed from Poland has left tension from both sides.
Well people hate Jews because they loan out money with interest. Making the Jews rich and giving them power beyond their numbers in Europe. People hate Black people because they are different and from another place. People hate Muslims because they are a different religion. However Jews hate Black people, Muslims and Christians in Israel. Black Africans nations hate white people and Jews. Muslim nations hate Jews and Christians. Arabs are racist and hate Black Muslims and Jews.

Really those it comes down to power. One groups has people within a geographical area or nation and they want to maintain it. When another group comes in it threatens their power.

Yes but not everyone is like that and with regards to African nations hating white people, this is not true otherwise there would not be interracial relationships.

A friend of mine is mixed raced and has a black dad so, you cant just generalise.

And yes, religion does cause conflict and sometimes segregations.

Tbh, I think all 3 religions interlink somehow?

Quick Reply

Latest