The Student Room Group

Edexcel psychology unit3&4 June 2015

Well been looking for days for this thread couldn't find one so I decided to make one so everyone can ask for help and post suggestions on what may come up this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Maybe a description of the Self-fulfilling prophecy? I've never seen it come up, I've only seen an evaluation of it. I also have a feeling the Social Learning Theory or the role of media and maybe the content analysis or article summary.

For Child, I think maybe daycare will come up.
Reply 2
Oh I'm doing health psychology because my teacher couldn't teach health

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
How are you guys finding revision? I'm finding it difficult to remember everything :/
Reply 4
I think unit 4 is the worst tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by cheeky 12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trust me! I'm resitting unit 2 and that and unit 3 are all I've been revising... I haven't even touched unit 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have to agree with you - I've been working through my revision notes for unit 4 as we're nearing the end of covering everything in my psychology class and its stressing me out!

What applications are you all doing for unit 3 and how do you feel about the content? I'm doing criminal and child, which I'm finding alright really, I'm just quite anxious as to what potential questions that they could ask in the exam. Though, honestly, the thing I'm stressing out the most about is the timing in both exams - its the only thing I seem to be having significant difficulty with.
Reply 7
Original post by Zo-e
Trust me! I'm resitting unit 2 and that and unit 3 are all I've been revising... I haven't even touched unit 4

I got an A in unit 2 if you need any help don't hesitate to ask 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
For unit 3 in doing health 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im doing criminal and health for unit 3. There are just too many subtopics in child i just can't comprehend thats why I switch to health psychology instead. How are guys doing for practical evidence? Unfortunately, my lecturer seems to forget about it and we just started doing last week i got zero marks for that part in test.
Reply 10
We haven't done the practical bit so if any one can help out please do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Does anyone have any predictions as to what might just come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zo-e

Unit 2 revision will help you with issues and debates - you'll have an advantage if something to do with unit 2 comes up! Will be needed for Key issue, contributions to society, social control (the different therapies you do in learning) and those 'real life' 18 markers. I did unit 1 resit and describing and evaluating cue dependency theory was needed for my 18 marker in the mock...I was glad
Hey, I'm doing child and criminal. I have a massive issue with time, especially for unit 4...I did a mock and had to miss out 2 questions and I didn't finish the 18 marker. Does anyone have some tips on time management in the exam?

Does anybody have any useful information they can share about the content analysis and article summary? Because I have no idea how to write about them.
Also, does anyone have notes on the clinical key issue that they could share? Or could you at least tell me what you guys are doing for it? I'm supposed to be doing it on anorexia but we really didn't cover it at all and I don't know what the actual 'issue' is.
Reply 14
Original post by ameliaedmondes
Hey, I'm doing child and criminal. I have a massive issue with time, especially for unit 4...I did a mock and had to miss out 2 questions and I didn't finish the 18 marker. Does anyone have some tips on time management in the exam?

Does anybody have any useful information they can share about the content analysis and article summary? Because I have no idea how to write about them.
Also, does anyone have notes on the clinical key issue that they could share? Or could you at least tell me what you guys are doing for it? I'm supposed to be doing it on anorexia but we really didn't cover it at all and I don't know what the actual 'issue' is.

I guess what I would recommend is write faster and also don't spend too much time on one question write quickly and put as much points down as the marks allocated then move on that way you can get through the paper and if you have time you at the end you can go back to the questions and add extra pointers! Even if you are stuck move on and come back to the question!

With the key issue it's basically this
I done mine on anorexia and I targeted mine on the family of the person who had anorexia telling them what they can do to help giving them information about the disorder I included pictures and other information form the NHS website so there I used secondary website this is good because it allows you to get Data that others have gathered less time consuming and you can pick out which is relevant to you also I added colour to make it eye catching so it would attract people and they would pick it up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
How's everyone doing with psychology ATM also anyone doing health?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How's everyone doing with psychology ATM also anyone doing health?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me
I guess what I would recommend is write faster and also don't spend too much time on one question write quickly and put as much points down as the marks allocated then move on that way you can get through the paper and if you have time you at the end you can go back to the questions and add extra pointers! Even if you are stuck move on and come back to the question!

With the key issue it's basically this
I done mine on anorexia and I targeted mine on the family of the person who had anorexia telling them what they can do to help giving them information about the disorder I included pictures and other information form the NHS website so there I used secondary website this is good because it allows you to get Data that others have gathered less time consuming and you can pick out which is relevant to you also I added colour to make it eye catching so it would attract people and they would pick it up

Posted from TSR Mobile

If the question was 'describe the key issue' what would you write?
Reply 18
Original post by aiminazri
Me

How are you coping with the practical question and all of it in general?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by ameliaedmondes
If the question was 'describe the key issue' what would you write?

Well if it was describe the key issue for criminology you'd talk whether if eye witness testimony was reliable or if offender profiling is accurate when the accounts are taken from others

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending