The Student Room Group

Is this plagiarism? (GCSE English Coursework)

In my creative writing coursework, I used a couple of lyrics from songs I thought were powerful and a famous quote. The assessment went very well - I have 77/80 overall on my coursework. I'm worried about this more than anything because I want to study english language and lit at A level and because I do other subjects on AQA. Your thoughts?
Original post by socialthrowaway
In my creative writing coursework, I used a couple of lyrics from songs I thought were powerful and a famous quote. The assessment went very well - I have 77/80 overall on my coursework. I'm worried about this more than anything because I want to study english language and lit at A level and because I do other subjects on AQA. Your thoughts?

no, especially not if you wrote them in as quotes!

As long as you quoted it, and didn't claim it as your own work, it should be fine. If you've quoted it, it might be a good idea to include it in a bibliography as well.
Ok, there may be a problem. I didn't include them as quotes! So how would I go about changing this, just ask my teacher about it? Need to sort this before the deadline, luckily me and my english teacher get on really well so it should be good, only a couple weeks now though!
Original post by doctorwhofan98
As long as you quoted it, and didn't claim it as your own work, it should be fine. If you've quoted it, it might be a good idea to include it in a bibliography as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have English today, I'll see if I can get a chance of adding a bibliography or changing the sentences slightly today
Posted from TSR Mobile

I have English today, I'll see if I can get a chance of adding a bibliography or changing the sentences slightly today

Just add quotation marks to the quotes you used. That should be fine. But teachers aren't allowed to give back CA. That is classed as malpractice and illegal... So your teacher and your school will be breaking the law if this happens. Once you've done your time limit of the control assessment, you are not allowed to get it back until the marks have been sent off and you have received your qualification in the subject you studied.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending