The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

UNI course start date

Hi I am attending my 1st year of university this year. I am currently filling out my student finance and i was wondering what date my course starts? I am going to study Sport, Health and Physical activity at Durham University.
https://www.dur.ac.uk/dates/

Freshers week (Induction week) is the 5th October onwards so you'll arrive in Durham on either the 3rd or 4th, depending on when your college tells you. You'll actually start lectures on the 12th :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by pianofluteftw
https://www.dur.ac.uk/dates/

Freshers week (Induction week) is the 5th October onwards so you'll arrive in Durham on either the 3rd or 4th, depending on when your college tells you. You'll actually start lectures on the 12th :smile:

Btw,is there established another programme for foreign students?(special for opening bank accounts, police registration, accommodation problems,etc..)I am from EU and I would like to book plane tickets.Thanks:smile:
Original post by trubadur
Btw,is there established another programme for foreign students?(special for opening bank accounts, police registration, accommodation problems,etc..)I am from EU and I would like to book plane tickets.Thanks:smile:

Yes, contact your college for more details to check on precise arrival date (different colleges sometimes have different days that they get people to arrive on), but usually it's the week before normal freshers week (ie. 28th September onwards). In this week you're given time to settle in to the city/ country, set up banking details and other important paperwork etc. and of course meet people! Lots of international students find it great they get to meet people from a similar background/ in a similar situation before everyone else arrives, as it makes them feel more confident :smile: But don't worry, Durham students are generally very friendly and welcoming anyway! :smile:
Original post by pianofluteftw
Yes, contact your college for more details to check on precise arrival date (different colleges sometimes have different days that they get people to arrive on), but usually it's the week before normal freshers week (ie. 28th September onwards). In this week you're given time to settle in to the city/ country, set up banking details and other important paperwork etc. and of course meet people! Lots of international students find it great they get to meet people from a similar background/ in a similar situation before everyone else arrives, as it makes them feel more confident :smile: But don't worry, Durham students are generally very friendly and welcoming anyway! :smile:

Thanks a lot:smile:Very promising.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending