The Student Room Group

proof read please, How does this read.

I am a highly self-motivated and hard-working individual. For example, I am teaching myself programing using online sources. This is my ambition to solve problems involving technology.

I am really passionate to start from a blank screen of a phone and build something really amazing that is beyond what I thought of my capabilities, for start I am teaching myself how to make apps using kivy.

Programming comes with a lot of problems but I see problems as an opportunity to me. Recently I struggled with a part of coding where something was missing after multiple retries and researching the web about similar problems and how to tackle it, it have taught me many things as how simple the mistakes was and I have to focus deeper when coding as it is very sensitive of what we input.

I produced videos in collaboration with a small team of my friends for social media.

I am Fluent in Persian and Urdu.

Something about this last 2 small paragraphs doesnt look right to me.
Reply 1
also can anyone help me, make this as concise as possible please.
Original post by Cazi7

Read it out loud in front of a friend or a family member. If you trip over what you are reading, or if your listener sniggers or grimaces, you've got it wrong.
Reply 3
Original post by threeportdrift
Read it out loud in front of a friend or a family member. If you trip over what you are reading, or if your listener sniggers or grimaces, you've got it wrong.

come on be real.
Honestly, it needs work. Have you re-read this yourself? Double checked? I presume this is for a potential application for Uni? Give it to one of your teachers and I'm sure they'll help you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cazi7
I am a highly self-motivated and hard-working individual. For example, I am teaching myself programing using online sources. This is my ambition to solve problems involving technology.

I am really passionate to start from a blank screen of a phone and build something really amazing that is beyond what I thought of my capabilities, for start I am teaching myself how to make apps using kivy.

Programming comes with a lot of problems but I see problems as an opportunity to me. Recently I struggled with a part of coding where something was missing after multiple retries and researching the web about similar problems and how to tackle it, it have taught me many things as how simple the mistakes was and I have to focus deeper when coding as it is very sensitive of what we input.

I produced videos in collaboration with a small team of my friends for social media.

There are a few grammatical errors there, but forgetting those its fine.
You could improve it a lot. Word it better to sound more impressive.

Urdu and Persian is an interesting combination btw.
Original post by Cazi7
I am a highly self-motivated and hard-working individual. For example, I am teaching myself programing using online sources. This is my ambition (My ambition is to) solve problems involving(that involve) technology.

I am really passionate to start(about starting) from a blank screen of a phone, to build something really(Sounds informal, so does the word amazing) amazing that is beyond what I thought of(Take out) my capabilities, for start I am('Such as' would be better) teaching myself how to make apps using kivy.

Programming comes with a lot of problems but I see problems(Try not to repeat the word problem) as an opportunity to me. Recently I struggled with a part of coding whereby something was missing after multiple retries and researching the web about similar problems and how to tackle it, it have(has) taught me many things as(about, or such as) how simple the mistakes was(were) and I have had to focus deeper(This word sounds slightly misleading, perhaps say think in more detail concerning..?)when coding as it is very sensitive of input.(This sentence could be broken up into shorter ones, perhaps.)

The last two sentences seem somewhat random and abrupt. Try developing those points more?

Not sure whether you wanted this kind of feedback, but I thought I would anyway :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Cazi7
come on be real.

Well that's how the professionals do it, but you can keep on being a muppet all over the internet if you want :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Emily.97
Not sure whether you wanted this kind of feedback, but I thought I would anyway :smile:

Thats is really great.

I really appreciate your time.
Original post by Cazi7
Thats is really great.

I really appreciate your time.

Its not a problem. I love doing stuff like that :P
Reply 11
Original post by threeportdrift
Well that's how the professionals do it, but you can keep on being a muppet all over the internet if you want :smile:

Not if your from another country and your family speaks fluent english. Thats why my grammar is week and its my second language when i can speak another 2 languages.
Original post by Cazi7
Not if your from another country and your family speaks fluent english. Thats why my grammar is week and its my second language when i can speak another 2 languages.

Well employers are hiring your English language skills, you are wasting your time and theirs by getting your application proof read to anything significantly beyond your actual language abilities.

It is still better to read the document out loud to yourself or an English speaker - that best indicates where there are clunky bits of grammar.
Reply 13
Alright thanks guys.
You both just made me realise it. I was just gone crazy for an apprenticeship thats why. But from now I will try harder.
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending