The Student Room Group

Shame on you, Europe!

The EU must stop people dying at its external borders and open up legal, non-dangerous routes for refugees. A European sea rescue service needs to be established.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/20/africa/italy-migrant-boat-capsizes/

Scroll to see replies

The situation arranges them :\
Reply 3
That would just encourage more illegal immigration.
Cool, you go and sell that to the electorate: More Immigration and more spending on foreign aid. See how many seats that gets you (1 presently)
People must read Jean Raspail novel the 'Camp of the Saints'

He predicted in the 70's how weak permissive moralism would be the end of Western civilisation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Camp_of_the_Saints

The people smugglers have you western people worked out. They use your human rights and Christian compassion against you to destroy you. Isis for example said they will send 500,000 immigrants as a psychological and biological weapon against the EU.

Yes, Mass immigration on this scale is in fact a biological weapon.
Original post by Syrian Guy
The EU must stop people dying at its external borders and open up legal, non-dangerous routes for refugees. A European sea rescue service needs to be established.

Australia had effectively stopped illegal immigration by ensuring all illegal immigrants never set foot on the Australian mainland.
Nah, stop them from boarding the boats in the first place.
No shame on the boat smugglers for bringing these people here?

No shame on countries being so badly managed that people will risk their lives to leave?

It is not Europe's responsibility to welcome all and sundry. The only way to ensure an end to these deaths would be to ensure not a single one of these migrants is allowed to stay in Europe. Send them back each time and they will soon stop coming. It worked for Australia and it will work for us.
Why should European countries take these people in? They aren't the responsibility of the European person and taxpayer why waste our money?

A system similar to the one in Australia should be in place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Syrian Guy

No we need to install automated turret and Napalm systems that fire at boats once they cross the border into national waters and therefore effectively sign a declaration of war. All naval assaults by North Africa must be stopped!
Yeah shame on Europe for taking millions of migrants

destroying their people's gene pool
their culture
robbing themselves of a future as they're made a global minority

Shame!!!!
Shame on Syria and it's people for failing to build a stable country
Reply 13
why? Europe doesn't want or can afford them in the numbers they are coming at. Make it safe to come, only for them to be returned I'm afraid. Help where you can, but unfortunately now isn't the time for helping people from other areas of the world; we have our own problems and welfare to worry about
This land is your land as well as my land
Original post by tengentoppa
No shame on the boat smugglers for bringing these people here?

No shame on countries being so badly managed that people will risk their lives to leave?

It is not Europe's responsibility to welcome all and sundry. The only way to ensure an end to these deaths would be to ensure not a single one of these migrants is allowed to stay in Europe. Send them back each time and they will soon stop coming. It worked for Australia and it will work for us.

Thing is though, you don't often hear of illegals on boats heading for here via the Channel or the North Sea. 9 times out of 10 they simply use the sneak in a lorry via Calais method instead.
Original post by rockrunride
This land is your land as well as my land

Try going to the United States, or Niger, or Russia or any other country that's not inside EU jurisdiction. They'd laugh at you.

You and me are peasants, very small fish in a very big pond. We do not own land, nor do we give rights for people to use land. That's the business of government.
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
Try going to the United States, or Niger, or Russia or any other country that's not inside EU jurisdiction. They'd laugh at you.

You and me are peasants, very small fish in a very big pond. We do not own land, nor do we give rights for people to use land. That's the business of government.

Thankfully I already live in a country in which I am at no risk of persecution, war or slavery.
Reply 18
If these people were actually running away from conflict why come to Europe? I know a lot of genuine people who have been in conflict zones and are scared for their lives usually evacuate to nearby countries... not to a different continent these are simply economic migrants and the liberals are saying they are ALL asylum seekers... no they are illegal immigrants looking for the benefits and free healthcare that comes with living in advanced European nations.
We can barely look after the people we have living here already. How will bringing in more help the situation for anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending