The Student Room Group

CCEA Business Studies AS & A2

Hi everyone!!

Just wondering if any of you guys have predictions of what will be coming up in the Summer AS and A2 exams for CCEA Business Studies? Completely stressing out now.

Also if any of you have any revision tips that'd be great, right now I'm just reading my notes which is proving inconvenient as there's hundreds of pages. Would any of you recommend using mark scheme answers to revise with?

Thank you,
Kelly :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
I'll be doing the AS papers of Business Studies for CCEA this year, I'd also be interested in hearing what some peoples predictions are.

Also, for AS, when answering the 8 and 12 mark questions, how much advantages and disadvantages do you give? Thanks in advance, any help is highly appreciated!
Reply 2
So much to it isn't there?

In regards to the 8 and 12 mark questions,

For the 8 markers my teacher told me to do 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages and analyse them then come to a conclusion.
As for the 12 markers, she said to do 4 advantages and 4 disadvantages, analysing them both and coming to a conclusion.

Hope this helps!
Anyone doing a2 2 business and know any tips for report writing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
And use the mark schemes for revision, so much stuff in the student notes that aren't needed! Easy A at AS with the mark scheme answers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thanks for the tips, will be using the mark schemes closer to AS exams. So much to learn for AS!

As for the report writing, we were only given a general layout.

Title
Aim
Intro
Analysis and Discussion findings
Conclusion
Recommendations (minimum of 3)

Hope I helped!
I know the layout yeah but the analysis is hard to know what to put in!lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Oh sorry! In the analysis and discussion of findings my teacher said to state the arguments for and against and the impact on business. I'm not too sure what the arguments are for as I haven't got round to revising reports yet but I'm assuming it's to do with how the business is run and you pick out what's good and what's bad with the company and how it's impacting everyday business. We've been told to use sub-headings to do this, for e.g. say the business was availing of economies of scale, you could write "Economies of scale" as a sub heading and state how it's good etc. Hope this is of use lol! There's also Grade A Reports on cceas website that you can revise over and just apply to the case study we'll be doing in June!
Thats great thanks so much for your help!☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by jackmcgeehan
Thats great thanks so much for your help!☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome 😊 thank you too!😊
For the A2 exam on Monday, how many advantages and disadvantages has everyone been recommended for the 15 and 20-markers?
What has everyone been told to study for the A2 Report Exam next Thursday? I've just been going on the assumption that we need to know one or two main advantages and disadvantages for everything, but that seems too easy. And, as you all know, if an A Level seems too easy, you're probably doing something wrong. I know how to structure the report, but topics-wise, it doesn't seem to be too difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending