The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Accommodation Glenside or the Hollies

Hi :smile:
I've confirmed my place at UWE to study Radiotherapy and Oncology at Glenside Campus but don't know which accommodation I should stay at. Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emcg_15
I've confirmed my place at UWE to study Radiotherapy and Oncology at Glenside Campus but don't know which accommodation I should stay at. Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Im studying diagnostic radiography and not sure whether to choose glenside or frenchay?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm thinking near Glenside for definite so I'm close to my campus, but either to stay the halls on the campus or The Hollies
Original post by emcg_15
I'm thinking near Glenside for definite so I'm close to my campus, but either to stay the halls on the campus or The Hollies

it would be so convenient to stay on glenside or hollies but i want to play sport and be in the more social side of uwe aswell
Reply 4
That's true too. We need someone's help lol
Original post by emcg_15

Omg can't believe I've found someone ahahh I too am going to firm UWE for radiotherapy and oncology... Have you applied for your accommodation yet? I personally prefer The Hollies because of the ensuite and studio rooms. Btw do you know if their accommodation are like same-sex? As in flats shared between just females or just males?
Reply 6
No wayyy I've been searching for ages too lol! I choose Glenside as my 1st then hollies second. There's an option for same sex so I'm guessing it's the same for each one!
Original post by emcg_15
No wayyy I've been searching for ages too lol! I choose Glenside as my 1st then hollies second. There's an option for same sex so I'm guessing it's the same for each one!

OMG hahah!! That's brilliant!! I ranged them up and asked, they said that they keep the ensuite and studio rooms at the Hollies for people with specific health conditions etc., and I really want an ensuite room, so I think I'll be selecting the ones at the Frenchay Campus. Are you a local student? Do you know about the buses in Bristol?

I need to reply to my offers by the 4th of June, I'm deffos firming UWE. Once you firm it, do they send you correspondences about accommodation etc. via applicant portal?
Original post by briaellis
it would be so convenient to stay on glenside or hollies but i want to play sport and be in the more social side of uwe aswell

I think I'm selecting Frenchay accommodation as well!! Which one have you applied for? I'm thinking of student village because of ensuite rooms. Btw what course are you starting in September?
Reply 9
Are you doing Radiotherapy too?? I'm from Ireland so I haven't a notion I was only there for my interview but Glenside seemed to be the best for my first year. Once I firmed I got to choose accommodation so it must be the same for you!
Original post by emcg_15
Are you doing Radiotherapy too?? I'm from Ireland so I haven't a notion I was only there for my interview but Glenside seemed to be the best for my first year. Once I firmed I got to choose accommodation so it must be the same for you!

Yes I'm !! Omg I have found 2 people today doing radiotherapy at UWE. I'm from Newcastle!! Wait did you go to UCS or Cardiff as well for an interview?

Yes, but I haven't firmed UWE yet, my deadline was extended because UWE took a while to get back ahah but probably UWE as my firm and Sheffield as insurance.

I'd love to stay at Glenside but they don't have ensuite rooms :-o
Reply 11
There's a group on Facebook of people going to Glenside campus too that would be doing healthcare but I still didn't find someone doing Radiotherapy! I had UWE and Sheffield just and got them both unconditional so I just firmed UWE! I wanted an ensuite too but guess just have to settle lol!
Original post by RadioStudent007
I think I'm selecting Frenchay accommodation as well!! Which one have you applied for? I'm thinking of student village because of ensuite rooms. Btw what course are you starting in September?

I have chosen student village!
I am studying diagnostic radiography.

So glad im not the only one staying on the main campus.
I have chosen student village!
I am studying diagnostic radiography.

So glad im not the only one staying on the main campus.

Omg that's brilliant!! I too thought that I was the only one ahah!! Have you had a chance to see the rooms at Student Village? What were they like?
Omg that's brilliant!! I too thought that I was the only one ahah!! Have you had a chance to see the rooms at Student Village? What were they like?

i haven't actually but I've heard good things, want to be involved socially and apparently thats the place to be ahah
i haven't actually but I've heard good things, want to be involved socially and apparently thats the place to be ahah

Okay, that sounds cool!! And yeah same here, it's great to be involved socially!! I've just received the link for applying for the accommodation. How long does it take for them to offer you your preferred accommodation? And do you reckon I'll get a room in student village as I'm applying a bit late?
Okay, that sounds cool!! And yeah same here, it's great to be involved socially!! I've just received the link for applying for the accommodation. How long does it take for them to offer you your preferred accommodation? And do you reckon I'll get a room in student village as I'm applying a bit late?

if i was you, reply right now!! and if you want to be on main campus put glenside as your 3rd not 2nd, otherwise they'll just bung you back onto glenside or hollies.
if i was you, reply right now!! and if you want to be on main campus put glenside as your 3rd not 2nd, otherwise they'll just bung you back onto glenside or hollies.

Ahhh oh wish I saw your message yesterday before applying!!! :-/ I've put student village as my first and Hollies as my second :-/ but in the additional box I wrote I want an ensuite accommodation nearest Glenside, preferably Student Village at Frenchay!! Fingers crossed I get that!!

Btw UWE conducted a live Q&A session today where they mentioned that Radiotherapy is usually 44 weeks and I'm guessing Radiography too would be the same ? But our accommodation contract is only 42 weeks I think :-o

And have you applied for the NHS bursary? How long do they take to send you back your documents? When I selected my course on the NHS Bursary's drop down list, it didn't say anywhere "Radiotherapy (44 weeks)" all it said was "Radiotherapy 36 weeks" what should I do?
Btw UWE conducted a live Q&A session today where they mentioned that Radiotherapy is usually 44 weeks and I'm guessing Radiography too would be the same ? But our accommodation contract is only 42 weeks I think :-o

And have you applied for the NHS bursary? How long do they take to send you back your documents? When I selected my course on the NHS Bursary's drop down list, it didn't say anywhere "Radiotherapy (44 weeks)" all it said was "Radiotherapy 36 weeks" what should I do?

The last few weeks of the course are on placement, so I'm hoping to get potential placement near my home town, or just stay with someone if a major problem

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending