The Student Room Group

Clueless on Uni

I am currently in year 12 about to have my AS exams in less than 3 weeks. Selecting a university and getting in, choosing a course is stressing me more than my actual exams as i'm indecisive about what I want to do yet. Any advice you could offer? I feel this stress will bring be down on my actual AS exam performance.
Original post by f12axf
I am currently in year 12 about to have my AS exams in less than 3 weeks. Selecting a university and getting in, choosing a course is stressing me more than my actual exams as i'm indecisive about what I want to do yet. Any advice you could offer? I feel this stress will bring be down on my actual AS exam performance.

Firstly, what subjects are you doing, that will help you narrow it down, what are you predicted, Is there any place you would like to go or do in particular?
Original post by f12axf

If I was you I'd just forget about careers and uni courses atm and be revising hard. After you've finished your exams then think about it. To be honest I'm at a similar situation but the difference is that I'm doing applied medical science which is btec so my stress is due to the amounts of coursework I have to do :frown: / :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by LordPhylogeny
Firstly, what subjects are you doing, that will help you narrow it down, what are you predicted, Is there any place you would like to go or do in particular?

Sorry for the late reply, I'm doing History, English Language, Psychology and Religious studies (philosophy and ethics). I'm predicted BBBA but definitely know I could exceed this if I put the work in. Not sure on the place, but I have an interest to Leeds uni but idk
Reply 4
Original post by Uz25
If I was you I'd just forget about careers and uni courses atm and be revising hard. After you've finished your exams then think about it. To be honest I'm at a similar situation but the difference is that I'm doing applied medical science which is btec so my stress is due to the amounts of coursework I have to do :frown: / :smile:

I literally hate coursework, I feel for you but yeah, i've been told that but i've also been told I MUST have an idea atleast. But for now, I think I should focus on revision and exams :biggrin:
Original post by f12axf
I literally hate coursework, I feel for you but yeah, i've been told that but i've also been told I MUST have an idea atleast. But for now, I think I should focus on revision and exams :biggrin:

Good idea :smile:, are you taking any science subject at alevel?
Reply 6
Original post by Uz25
Good idea :smile:, are you taking any science subject at alevel?

nopeee
Original post by f12axf

your a baby theres no rush to go to university, get a menial job for a year and consider your life child
Reply 8
Original post by studentLynch
your a baby theres no rush to go to university, get a menial job for a year and consider your life child

What are you doing with your life right now :biggrin:
Original post by f12axf
What are you doing with your life right now :biggrin:

not sitting in secondary school worrying about university, grow up my life is more exciting than yours
Reply 10
not sitting in secondary school worrying about university, grow up my life is more exciting than yours

ya ok :biggrin:
Original post by Uz25

Agreed. That comes after...the results of your AS will effect all that. But then you already knew that.

What's your career?

Quick Reply

Latest