The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Acommodation issue

hi :smile: i am presently applyig for accommodation,but as i entered the system the options that i was given were onlya few,none of which i find appealing...is there any chance that my options will expand if i wait or are they even going to get poorer
When did accommodation applications open? Which places are you being offered? Certainly last year a number of options had gone within the first couple of days, so I suspect that is what has happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by gloriya
hi :smile: i am presently applyig for accommodation,but as i entered the system the options that i was given were onlya few,none of which i find appealing...is there any chance that my options will expand if i wait or are they even going to get poorer

Hi,

It's Rob a first year civil engineer!

If there are not many options left then this will probably indicate that the other accommodation options are over subscribed. The likelihood is that none of the accommodation options will open up again however you could contact the accommodation department if you wished.

There is a very small chance that you may get contacted over summer if your application was very shortly after one of the other accommodation applications closed, and may get offered an upgrade.

This being said, I really wouldn't worry about your accommodation too much. All the accommodation is of a reasonable standard and 99% of people love where they live, regardless of whether it was their first option or not. Lots of it is down to who you are living with so don't worry too much if you can't get your preferred option.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Good luck!

Rob
Reply 3
Original post by Millie1986
When did accommodation applications open? Which places are you being offered? Certainly last year a number of options had gone within the first couple of days, so I suspect that is what has happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they opened on the 1st of April...i thought that I needed to have an unconditional offer in order to apply for accommodation and that's why i didn't hurry to do so, ..well I have been terribly wrong ...I was offered Brendon court, Westwood, Eastwood and John Wood but the problem is that non of them has any ensuite rooms :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

It's Rob a first year civil engineer!

If there are not many options left then this will probably indicate that the other accommodation options are over subscribed. The likelihood is that none of the accommodation options will open up again however you could contact the accommodation department if you wished.

There is a very small chance that you may get contacted over summer if your application was very shortly after one of the other accommodation applications closed, and may get offered an upgrade.

This being said, I really wouldn't worry about your accommodation too much. All the accommodation is of a reasonable standard and 99% of people love where they live, regardless of whether it was their first option or not. Lots of it is down to who you are living with so don't worry too much if you can't get your preferred option.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Good luck!

Rob

I think I will try contacting the accommodation office, thanks for the advice, keep your fingers crossed haha :smile:
Original post by gloriya
I think they opened on the 1st of April...i thought that I needed to have an unconditional offer in order to apply for accommodation and that's why i didn't hurry to do so, ..well I have been terribly wrong ...I was offered Brendon court, Westwood, Eastwood and John Wood but the problem is that non of them has any ensuite rooms :frown:

*world's smallest violin*

Unless you need an en suite for medical reasons, then seriously don't worry about it. Buy yourself a big fluffy dressing gown, and then enjoy how much money you're saving compared to people with en suites!
Don't worry about en suite. Chances are you don't have one now, and you certainly won't have one next year when you're in a shared house. It's not important.
Original post by gloriya

Hi gloriya,

Please don't worry that you won't have an ensuite room!
I'm a second year and I lived in Woodland last year because I really wanted an en suite but I discovered that it wasn't all that important. As someone has already said, you will most certainly be sharing a bathroom in your second year so you'll only have one year of luxury at best!
I know it seems really important right now but I can promise you that you'll love your accommodation wherever you are. I don't know anyone that didn't like where they lived and all of my friends agree that they wish they'd gone for a shared bathroom last year and saved some money!

If you have any questions about any of the accommodation choices feel free to quote me.

Carly
Second year MLES student
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest