The Student Room Group

US judge allows 'Muslims killing Jews' ads on buses

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Raymat
I know they have a choice but what I find disturbing is the advertisement is labelling Muslim countries as aid unworthy based on what is written in a book that it's people follow. I believe the aid should be used to help ordinary Muslim individuals/families who have lost their homes and are struggling to get enough food/water to support themselves or their families. If the western countries are aware that their money will be misused by Islamist authorities and there is no way to avoid it then they can justify their stoppage of aid to these countries but that's a different matter, one in which my argument wasn't focused on but fine, if the money sent will lead to further oppression/wrongdoings then they can decide not to send the aid. Aid can come from other nations anyway.

Most people wouldn't find that 'disturbing' though and given the way most muslim countries are run it would be like saying we should send aid to the old south africa and ignore all of the racist legislation they have in place.

I don't as I believe money can be better spent and appreciated (but then I have issues with those who would bite the hand that feeds)

But yes aid can come form any country that's true but if oyu look at where the aid comes from and who gets it should tell you quite a lot.

But you didn't answer my direct question

'but lets reverse this do you think muslims would be happy if they found out their money was going to a charity that promoted sexual equality and equal rights for a countries LGBT community? Do you think they should be able to chose where the money they give as ALMS actually goes? '
Original post by PopaPork

'but lets reverse this do you think muslims would be happy if they found out their money was going to a charity that promoted sexual equality and equal rights for a countries LGBT community? Do you think they should be able to chose where the money they give as ALMS actually goes? '

I think there would be a mixture of opinions amongst Muslims; some wouldn't be happy while others wouldn't have a problem with it. Like I said in an earlier quote not all Muslims think the same way and yes they are able to choose where they give their money.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by garfeeled
I think the issue is apparent misleading nature of the ad. It says antisematism is in the quran yet doesn't quote the Quran it quotes a muslims, it then goes on to say that aid to islamic nations should be stopped due to this antisematism which Implies all islamic nations support antisematism.

Do you disagree that the Koran contains anti-Semitic material?
Original post by felamaslen
Do you disagree that the Koran contains anti-Semitic material?

From what I have seen its more e Koran contians very prejudice attitudes toward non Muslims and if any thing islam is less predjudice towards those of a Jewish identity due to Judaism being monotheism.
here is the definition of incitement for the UK

Incitement was an offence under the common law of England and Wales. It was an inchoate offence.[1] It consisted of persuading, encouraging, instigating, pressuring, or threatening so as to cause another to commit a crime.

Now the statement '"Killing Jews is Worship that draws us close to Allah" is incitement and this is a given but how does someone reporting that this has been said also guilty of incitement

who are they persuading, encouraging, instigating, pressuring, or threatening so as to cause another to commit a crime?

it would anger a quarter of the worlds population. or just some of the ones living in the USA. or just few of the rowdier individuals who arent quite on track
Original post by The_Internet
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/04/judge-muslims-killing-jews-ads-buses-150422013416574.html

Personally, I dont know how this is somehow protected. Would they be OK with people saying "Oh look the Talmud has some stuff that could be used for hate. Therefore all Jews are x?" especially as this advert is from an anti Muslim group?

Equally, as the judge has now ruled that you CAN basically say what you want(ie: including hate speech), so long as it's in advertising, isn't that just a major loophole for people who want to lynch Muslims, Jews, Gays etc.. ? Like now any hate organisation can just get around the whole hate speech thing by advertising instead (Provided they have the money for that)

Aaaargh. This group... It's like they want all Muslims to be like Hamas so they can say "Look I told you so. I told you all Muslims are evil"

More disgusting evil from the zionists. Would love to see what Hamas would make of them.
"Killing Jews is Worship that draws us close to Allah" attributed to "Hamas MTV", and then states, "That's His Jihad. What's yours?"

Really? Not hate speech? It's basically saying that ordinary Muslims are like Hamas

Didn't say jack about muslims - it said something about islam.

What is hate speech? Speech that you don't like?
So you ignore the real hate speech and incitement to violence 'killing Jews' and focus on the 'That's his Jihad. What's yours?!

'That's his Jihad. What's yours? '

You need to explain what part of this is persuading, encouraging, instigating, pressuring, or threatening so as to cause another to commit a crime?

Also this tag line was used by a muslim organisation in the US so when they used it was it also instigating violence?

You are talking to people with NO COMPREHENSION of law. To them, hate speech/incitement is what they don't like.
Banu Qurayza and Banu Nadir - two jewish tribes living in Yathrib for centuries - yet after the gave refuge to muhammad, within 10 years all the men in both tribes were killed, and women/children taken as slaves by muhammad. Make your own conclusion.
Not hate speech but a bad idea.
Original post by Cherub012
Not hate speech but a bad idea.

Why is it a bad idea?
Original post by Kuffar Sheikh
Why is it a bad idea?

I think dangerous idea was a better description.

Well if we anger the Islamists enough, it won't be long till there's another Charlie Hebdo.
Original post by Cherub012
I think dangerous idea was a better description.

Well if we anger the Islamists enough, it won't be long till there's another Charlie Hebdo.

So, we should just keep our mouth shut to appease the real barbarians - that's what you are saying?

Have you ever heard of heckler's veto? That's precisely what you are asking for, and I think THAT IS DANGEROUS - because, according to you, all you need to suppress free speech is threat of violence.
So, we should just keep our mouth shut to appease the real barbarians - that's what you are saying?

Have you ever heard of heckler's veto? That's precisely what you are asking for, and I think THAT IS DANGEROUS - because, according to you, all you need to suppress free speech is threat of violence.

Meh it is dangerous.

Should it be done? Up to them.

I'm not a big fun of Islam and Muslims, but consider such ads inappropriate. Public transport should not be a forum of interfaith debates.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by admonit

I'm not a big fun of Islam and Muslims, but consider such ads inappropriate. Public transport should not be a forum of interfaith debates.

So, you don't really find the ad inappropriate, just the medium, correct?
(edited 7 years ago)

That doesn't attack Islam at all. It implies all Muslims are violent. Not the same

That doesn't attack Islam at all. It implies all Muslims are violent. Not the same

Irreverent what they are saying is they can decide who get's their aid.

Do you not think this is right? but lets reverse this do you think muslims would be happy if they found out their money was going to a charity that promoted sexual equality and equal rights for a countries LGBT community? Do you think they should be able to chose where the money they give as ALMS actually goes?

No they shouldn't be able to. Keep your extremist beliefs to yourself.

No it doesn't.. doesn't even mention mulsim. It's says "islamic hatred for jews is in quran". It will be true EVEN if there are no muslims in the world.
No it doesn't.. doesn't even mention mulsim. It's says "islamic hatred for jews is in quran". It will be true EVEN if there are no muslims in the world.

It talks about Hamas and their jihad, and then implies ordinary Muslims are like that. It didn't even mention religion. It merely targeted ordinary Muslims

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending