The Student Room Group

HELP: Went for job interview but now I don't want the job

They said they will phone me on Friday to let me know.

However, I don't want the job now; it's just not my type of thing. I guess I made a mistake in applying for it.

Do I risk them offering me the job on Friday and then turning them down? By that time they've probably rejected other applicants, so what would they do when I blow them out?

I have better jobs to apply for tbh, I am not on benefits so I choose which jobs I take, no rush.
Just tell them you don't want the job any more, it's that simple really. If they desperately need someone else to fill the position, they'll give it to the next best applicant.
Original post by Fry_Cook_of_Doom
Just tell them you don't want the job any more, it's that simple really. If they desperately need someone else to fill the position, they'll give it to the next best applicant.

But do I do that tomorrow before they make a "final decision" or Friday once they've already offered it to me and rejected everybody else?
Reply 3
It's called a job 'offer' for a reason. Just turn them down, quickly as possible if you are really concerned about inconveniencing people. I suggest you harden your heart a little though, business is certainly not a place of sunshine, rainbows and puppy dogs.

Quick Reply

Latest