The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

I applied a couple of weeks ago- although no offer yet. However, it's where I want to go.

P.S. How did you manage to complete a successful personal statement for law and languages?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Cool man probably see you there! :p:
I sent my application off in October so maybe they're looking at them in the order they received them?
Actually my statement predominantly focused on law, 'cause that's what I really want to do. I mentioned very briefly that I also had an interest in languages.
Is that what you're wanting to do?
I was thinking about doing law with French , having enjoyed the whole foreign language thing last year. However, I think focussing on law is the best option.

Anyway, now that you're in, do you intend to continue your intensive course of study- I mean, I don't know about you but I'm struggling with 3 AH's!

Also, I have my LNAT to look forward to for tomorrow as well as singing in the sixth year Christmas choir.
Reply 4
Yeah I considered law with French, but I think I'd rather just focus completely on law. That's not to say I won't keep up my languages.
Well... I was planning on continuing with my AH's. I'm the kind of person that if I start something I'd rather finish it. However with regards to AH's my school is a bit of a joke, so I'll wait and see how it goes. What about when you're accepted, are you going to continue?
Lots of luck for your LNAT. I'm sure you'll do great. :p:
Thanks but I'm sure I'm going to write too much.

I'm the same about starting something I finish, except for Hospitality - I truly loathed that class.

The AH's in Campbeltown are the same. We only get two full periods a week for English and History. However, both the teachers are amazing- so I'm not totally lost.
Reply 6
Och you will be fine with the LNAT. Where you sitting it? I sat mine in Stirling.
Yeah I have a definite lack of teaching too in two of my AH's.
Is Edinburgh Law your first choice? We'll be the 300th year to study it. Partaaay. :p:
I'm sitting the LNAT in glorious Tarbert
Edinburgh's my first choice as from what I've heard it appears to be the best and most prestigious for law and the city is awesome and shiny a mon avis!
Reply 8
Hope you got on well with your LNAT today. :p:
Yes it does seem rather prestigious!
Reply 9
Miss Brand
I just got an unconditional,

i applied to study law and accounting about 2 months ago and still havent heard from edinburugh. Wot were your grades to get an unconditional???
Edinburgh Law students smell of poo!
Don't mind Kay- she's just bitter and twisted. She wishes she could be a law student but she's not and is, therefore, not as awesome as me.
Sigh, t'is true.
why would she bother wishing she could be you, when she can want to be me instead? which is far better, as i rock!! :p:
Just check the rep, honey, just check the rep. :wink:
what? i'm confused... i've just established that someone repped me the other day on the soc thread but dunno who... no one would want to rep you michael as you're a smelly laywer :biggrin:
Eurgh, what's that smell?...
You're a bit too close to John- move away and the smell will vanish.

My, we got very petulent on here all of a sudden.
I've applied to Edinburgh to do Law for 2007 as well! I already have my A levels with grades ABB, and I'm not sitting the LNAT.

Not overly expecting an offer, but would be delighted if I got one! My GCSE's are good, and I have some work experience but I think my A levels are probably too low? Any thoughts?
michaelnicholson88
You're a bit too close to John- move away and the smell will vanish.

Ooooooo!

Only *I* can say he smells, however...

Latest

Trending

Trending