The Student Room Group

Edexcel Philosophy & Ethics unit 2 investigations, Medical ethics (abortion)

Hi!
I'm taking philosophy and unit 2 is medical ethics (my topic is abortion).
I'm doing OK in unit 1 and can probably get a b, but I was ill for a few weeks in January and missed a lot of the course, and now whenever I am off school, it always seems to be during these lessons.
because of this, I have literally missed well over half the course, and have never actually written an essay for it before.
My exam is in about 4 weeks and I have basically kind of given up with it as I would rather focus on other subjects (I'm dropping philosophy after this year).
so basically, my question is, I'm probably going to get a u in the exam, and it may level out as an e at best, so is it worth retaking next year even though I'm dropping it? Or should i even just drop the whole subject and not do the exam at all?
I just don't know what to do! Or does anyone have any advice or infomation on how to do it, I just have no idea!! Any infomation on it would help.
thank you!!! Xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing the same exam on abortion, and I'd be happy to send you my notes if you'd like? Our teacher has basically told us to write an essay and learn it, a bit like a controlled assessment, because the question is almost always just a rewording of it. Let me know if you'd like me to message you with the main notes that I have :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by oswalds
I'm doing the same exam on abortion, and I'd be happy to send you my notes if you'd like? Our teacher has basically told us to write an essay and learn it, a bit like a controlled assessment, because the question is almost always just a rewording of it. Let me know if you'd like me to message you with the main notes that I have :smile:

that would be amazing!! i just don't really have notes on anything, and we had to do it in the form of a sketchbook which makes things so much harder!
yeah, it is basically a controlled assessment isn't it? my sister did it in 2010 and she did it as coursework which is so unfair!! but if you could send me notes then that would be so so helpful! anything at this stage would be amazing :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ktecope
that would be amazing!! i just don't really have notes on anything, and we had to do it in the form of a sketchbook which makes things so much harder!
yeah, it is basically a controlled assessment isn't it? my sister did it in 2010 and she did it as coursework which is so unfair!! but if you could send me notes then that would be so so helpful! anything at this stage would be amazing :smile:

I don't think I'd find a sketchbook very easy to understand either, I was given all of the essays from the different philosophers in a big booklet, and then had to go through and pick out the views.
The form of the question makes it a bit easier because you can basically write out an essay plan and memorize it before the exam, and then just incorporate the wording of the question when you write it up in the exam. I'd rather do it as coursework though! Just typing up the notes at the moment :smile:
Original post by oswalds

hey i'm in the same position where I have the exam coming up on tuesday and missed most of this unit so therefore don't have any solid notes , is it possible if you could asso end me your essay plan? thankyouu :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by justsare123
hey i'm in the same position where I have the exam coming up on tuesday and missed most of this unit so therefore don't have any solid notes , is it possible if you could asso end me your essay plan? thankyouu :smile:

I'll message them to you now :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by oswalds

Hi could you please send me the same notes? It would be much appreciated. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by zzinah
Hi could you please send me the same notes? It would be much appreciated. :smile:

Reply 8
Original post by oswalds

Thank you so much!!
Hey! I'm in the same boat, would be extremely grateful if you could send the notes my way :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by oswalds

hi there sorry to be pain but would you be able to send me your notes too :smile:
Original post by saubia1
hi there sorry to be pain but would you be able to send me your notes too :smile:

Reply 12
Original post by oswalds

thank you very much !!!
Original post by milkythecow
Hey! I'm in the same boat, would be extremely grateful if you could send the notes my way :smile:

I'll send them to you now :smile:
Reply 14
yes milky set some my way plzzz
Reply 15
Original post by oswalds

heyyy plz i need some notes plzzz ill pray for u
Original post by GenXas
heyyy plz i need some notes plzzz ill pray for u

Original post by oswalds

please may you send them to me also? Im so worried about this exam tomorrow, I feel like I know nothing :frown:
please can you send me the notes
does anyone know how much this exam is worth?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending