The Student Room Group

what is the role of a girlfriend?

Simple question I suppose

Me and my partner have fallen into a habit of acting more like friends than in a relationship. Apart from the fact that we are intimate and stuff, he says I treat him more like a mate than a boyfriend. I'm generally shy and introverted as a person

So I'm wondering how do you "act" like a girlfriend. What makes the relationship go that extra bit to be classified as together.

Please no answers about being close. We have that. I'm talking about when we're not together or in public.
To be there for him, basically. You'd be quick to get to where he is if anything bad happens to him. [Maybe quicker than his mother or sisters :smile:]
Be his anchor and keep his feet on the ground. Guys like to feel like they can rely on someone too.
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
To be there for him, basically. You'd be quick to get to where he is if anything bad happens to him. [Maybe quicker than his mother or sisters :smile:]

Original post by C_tinie_D
Be his anchor and keep his feet on the ground. Guys like to feel like they can rely on someone too.

But how do I show this on a daily basis? Or do I just wait until I can prove that I stand by him and I'm there for him
Well on first glance you can't tell if someone's got a partner. So just act normally
Well it's just an especially intimate friendship that has either sex or romance by definition or both if its good.
Reply 6
Satisfy his sexual needs, and make him a sandwich.

It's not complicated.:lol:
tell him how much he means to you, never forget that 'i love you' before bed at night and when you wake up in the morning and show you appreciate him and that you don't EXPECT him to do the nice things he does for you
I think you will be better off being yourself.
Reply 9
Original post by TorpidPhil
Well it's just an especially intimate friendship that has either sex or romance by definition or both if its good.

Original post by Maradiah
Satisfy his sexual needs, and make him a sandwich.

It's not complicated.:lol:

Yeah so I guess we are just friends "with benefits" right now. I never thought it was possible for a guy to friendzone himself:curious:
Original post by candlejsra
Simple question I suppose

Me and my partner have fallen into a habit of acting more like friends than in a relationship. Apart from the fact that we are intimate and stuff, he says I treat him more like a mate than a boyfriend. I'm generally shy and introverted as a person

So I'm wondering how do you "act" like a girlfriend. What makes the relationship go that extra bit to be classified as together.

Please no answers about being close. We have that. I'm talking about when we're not together or in public.

Your job is to serve your master, predominately in the bedroom apartment. Give him what he wants and you will be classed as an excellent girlfriend
Reply 11
Original post by The two eds
Your job is to serve your master, predominately in the bedroom apartment. Give him what he wants and you will be classed as an excellent girlfriend

Yes and as I've said, we have that. However, it's when we're not "in the bedroom", that he says I treat him more like a mate than an actual boyfriend.

So what other things would you or other guys want in a girlfriend?
Yes and as I've said, we have that. However, it's when we're not "in the bedroom", that he says I treat him more like a mate than an actual boyfriend.

So what other things would you or other guys want in a girlfriend?

A girl that made me dinner would be awesome, a girl that came to football matches with me would be even better, a girl that let me watch what I want On TV and do what I want would be perfect.
Reply 13
I think the main difference between people who're in a relationship versus people who are, for example, FWB, is romance.
Reply 14
Original post by miser
I think the main difference between people who're in a relationship versus people who are, for example, FWB, is romance.

So suppose I should be more romantic to him then
Reply 15
So suppose I should be more romantic to him then

Yeah. Couple-y stuff. :smile:
Instead of asking us what a girlfriend should do, why don't you ask him? He's the only one who can really tell you what he thinks is wrong with the relationship.

What I would say is that "We feel more like friends than like a couple" is often something people say when they're trying to pull out of a relationship, so it could just be that he doesn't feel that spark any more.

Whatever the cause, though; talk to him.
Reply 17
Be fun, intelligent, nurturing and sexually rampant. Simple really..
Reply 18
Original post by Plumstone
Instead of asking us what a girlfriend should do, why don't you ask him? He's the only one who can really tell you what he thinks is wrong with the relationship.

What I would say is that "We feel more like friends than like a couple" is often something people say when they're trying to pull out of a relationship, so it could just be that he doesn't feel that spark any more.

Whatever the cause, though; talk to him.

Yeah when I asked him he said he couldn't quite put his finger on what's wrong. So I thought I'd ask what other people think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending