The Student Room Group

Question about studying subjects

Hey there, it's just came to my mind of something that could be possible, which I am quite curious about.

Is there a way that you could study a subject in private, eg National 3 Spanish (just for an example), and ask your centre to give you unit tests and coursework required to gain that qualification?

Another example would be Higher Biology, I could study that with a tutor at home, and ask the school to give me time to prepare a short report and assignment, and do the unit tests.

If I've phrased that poorly, apologies in advance.

Just curious.
Original post by ElasticJane
Hey there, it's just came to my mind of something that could be possible, which I am quite curious about.

Is there a way that you could study a subject in private, eg National 3 Spanish (just for an example), and ask your centre to give you unit tests and coursework required to gain that qualification?

Another example would be Higher Biology, I could study that with a tutor at home, and ask the school to give me time to prepare a short report and assignment, and do the unit tests.

If I've phrased that poorly, apologies in advance.

Just curious.

Yes of course you can do that. Many schools offer the opportunity for candidates to learn the coursework externally and then sit the exam within the school. Although, you should just check with your school first as not all schools are able to do this.

If it turns out that your school can't, then it is still possible if you go to an exam centre. You should be able to find your nearest one by asking your school or going on line.
Reply 2
Original post by Rainbownightlock
Yes of course you can do that. Many schools offer the opportunity for candidates to learn the coursework externally and then sit the exam within the school. Although, you should just check with your school first as not all schools are able to do this.

If it turns out that your school can't, then it is still possible if you go to an exam centre. You should be able to find your nearest one by asking your school or going on line.

Haha, thanks. I just was wondering about it as I came home today, and wondered if it were possible. Thanks again! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending