The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Kent or Surrey? For Law

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone one of you could enlighten me. Surrey is currently performing exceedingly well as a University and overall, according to the rankings. But despite that, Law at Kent is higher ranked.

Surrey performs better in terms of graduate prospects, but Kent is outranking Surrey in terms of Law. And also has it's own Law clinic.

If anyone could help me, that would be much appreciated.
Kent is renowned for it's Law School which is by far and away better than almost all of the other courses it offers at the university. That said, Surrey is perhaps a more well rounded university which has a strong reputation for a number of subjects. I feel the reputation of the University of Kent will improve significantly over the next 5 years as an overall school as they are investing a huge amount of money into the University.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by robotpenguin
Kent is renowned for it's Law School which is by far and away better than almost all of the other courses it offers at the university. That said, Surrey is perhaps a more well rounded university which has a strong reputation for a number of subjects. I feel the reputation of the University of Kent will improve significantly over the next 5 years as an overall school as they are investing a huge amount of money into the University.

Hey thanks for that info, the decision is hightened by the fact that all expect AAB. Do you know if the University of Reading is perhaps better?However, Surrey offers placement years, I am certain that Reading does not, but am not sure about Kent offering placement year.
Hi Khanal,

I will be going into my second year studying Law at Surrey in September and am the president of the law society; if you have any questions at all feel free to contact me!

Jason :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending