The Student Room Group

What Alevels did you do? Read description...

Basically, my parents did not do A levels, so I don't really have anyone to ask about them.

So what A Levels do you do/ have done?
If you have done them, what did you get?

What GCSE grade did you get in those alevel subjects?

Which Alevel do you find the hardest?

What do you plan to do after SixthForm/College (uni course, where and what?)

Thanks

Good luck with the upcoming exams guys :smile:
Original post by IKK1999
Basically, my parents did not do A levels, so I don't really have anyone to ask about them.

I did Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Biology all to A2 level (about 5 years ago now :tongue: )

An A-grade in all of them :h:

All A* at GCSE level in those subjects :lol: . It's why I picked them :tongue:

Physics. Maths was fine with hard work, Biology was a lot of remembering but wasn't difficult, and I enjoyed Chemistry the most so found it relatively straightforward :tongue:

I ended up doing a degree in Chemistry at the University of Warwick :yep: . Now have a PhD offer in Biology as well, so I'm doing my rounds of the sciences :tongue:
Thankyou, very much for your response!

Woah! That's great! Good luck with whatever you go ont to do.

This has been helpful for me, as I am choosing my subjects, however I feel as though I need to talk to real people who did subjects, rather than teachers saying do this, do that! Thanks :smile:

Original post by Nirgilis
I did Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Biology all to A2 level (about 5 years ago now :tongue: )

Physics. Maths was fine with hard work, Biology was a lot of remembering but wasn't difficult, and I enjoyed Chemistry the most so found it relatively straightforward :tongue:

I ended up doing a degree in Chemistry at the University of Warwick :yep: . Now have a PhD offer in Biology as well, so I'm doing my rounds of the sciences :tongue:
Original post by IKK1999
I currently do Biology, Maths, and Media. I did Critical Thinking AS (C) in Year 11, and Physics AS (D) in Year 12

A in Biology, A in Maths, and I didn't do Media at GCSE. I got a B in Physics

Maths.

I'm taking a gap year, but in 2016 I'll (hopefully) be starting a Genetics course at QMUL

See bolded :smile:
Reply 4
Doing maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. at gcse i got A* maths, further maths and chemistry and an A in physics. At AS i got A in maths, further and physics, and B in chemistry, sitting A2 this summer. chemistry is probably my hardest but physics isn't very nice either. will hopefully study maths at sheffield.
Original post by IKK1999

I've done maths and am doing A2 further maths, physics, chemistry and biology.

I'm in year 13 now so haven't received most of my A2 results, but I got AAAAB at AS(incl. maths) and A* at A-level(maths).

A*AAA

I find chemistry the hardest A-level to learn(although I do STEP and extra further maths modules too and they're harder), but will probably get the lowest grade in biology(exams are harder to get good marks in and will do less revision as it's less relevant to me).

Mathematics and Physics at Warwick.

Thanks

Original post by Nirgilis

Woah, that's bloody brilliant.
Original post by IKK1999

Thanks

Hi :smile:
I am in Year 12 studying Maths, Psychology, History and Biology and my predicted grades are (ABBB)

In GCSE I got an A* in Maths, an A in History and an A in additional science, I didnt do Psychology at GCSE.

I find Biology the hardest subject, not so much the content it is just applying it to questions and remembering it all.

I plan to go to a Russel Group university to study Maths, as I am hoping to selfteach the full Further Maths A level in year 13 :smile:. I dont know what I want to do after uni though, maybe academia or something like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doing Maths, Biology, Chemistry, French, Critical Thinking AS - got A*, A, A, A* at gcse. Chemistry is the hardest for me but only because I'm not naturally very good at it, and I'd say the oral exam in French was the worst , even though it was only ten minutes :giggle:
Did A2 Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Music, got A* in all of them at GCSE and came out with A*A*(Maths and FM) AA(Physics and Music).

Maths came quite naturally once I put the work in, and Physics wasn't too bad either. Music was definitely the hardest - lots of coursework, a performing exam each year and lots to learn, as well as questions on the exam you couldn't necessarily prepare for. The subjective element of it also added to the difficulty as you couldn't be confident in your work.

I went on to do a Maths degree at Warwick :smile:
Original post by IKK1999

Thanks

I studied English Language & Literature, Sociology and Drama at AS but had to drop Sociology in A2 before my exams due to medical reasons. So I left sixth form with only 2 A Levels, both C grades.

I received A's in English and Sociology at GCSE and a B for Drama.

I found sociology the hardest, simply because my illness effected that subject the most (meaning I had missed more sociology lessons than Drama) But before that I never really found any of my subjects hard.

I'm now in my first year at Falmouth University studying Journalism & Creative Writing :smile:
At AS I did Maths, Chemistry, Psychology and English and got ABBB in that order (with 99% in maths).

At A2 I'm doing Maths, Further Maths (whole A-Level in 1 year) and Chemistry, predicted A*A*B - B because I hate Chemistry, it makes me genuinely question the point of life :biggrin:.

At GCSE I got an A in Maths, AB in English (Lang/Lit) and a B in Chemistry. Relatively low compared to my AS results because my school at GCSE wasn't the best... (but mainly because I was a lazy jerk lol).

Want to study Maths at Exeter, need AAB for that, and they'll give me a grand if i get AAA :biggrin:.

Thanks and Good Luck to you too! :smile:
Original post by IKK1999

Thanks

A levels:

Biology - A*
Chemistry - A
Maths - A

Physics AS - A

(I got A*s in all of them at GCSE except chemistry where I got an A, 1 mark off an A*)

Physics was the hardest for me cause I just didn't enjoy it which is why I dropped it at AS. After that it probably was Biology simply because of the sheer amount of effort required.

I am now in my first year at Imperial College London studying Biology :smile:
Original post by adventure_time
Did A2 Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Music, got A* in all of them at GCSE and came out with A*A*(Maths and FM) AA(Physics and Music).Maths came quite naturally once I put the work in, and Physics wasn't too bad either. Music was definitely the hardest - lots of coursework, a performing exam each year and lots to learn, as well as questions on the exam you couldn't necessarily prepare for. The subjective element of it also added to the difficulty as you couldn't be confident in your work.I went on to do a Maths degree at Warwick :smile:

I ran away from Warwick maths because of the uni's isolatedness and general CREEP factor, did you enjoy it there?
Original post by Stepidermis
I ran away from Warwick maths because of the uni's isolatedness and general CREEP factor, did you enjoy it there?

CREEP factor?
Original post by Stepidermis

Funny story...

Yes and no. I got ill so transferred to a different uni at the end of second year xD Loved the uni, enjoyed the course, but it's so intense that if you fall behind at all then it's very difficult to catch up.
Original post by IKK1999

Biology A*; Chemistry A; French A; Philosophy A

A* in Bio, Chem, French. My school didn't do GCSE Philosophy. I just wanted to try something new and interesting. :biggrin:

For the first year, probably biology. Had to wrap my head around exam technique. Second year, philosophy was by far the hardest because it had the most complex and open-ended topics.

Medicine at Southampton.

Good luck with your A-levels, man! They're hard work but I hope you enjoy them, too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest