The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by YoMelon
You don't really understand what I'm saying do you?

I never said the UK could be compared to the united states in terms of race. I refuted your dishonest statement that the UK was still very white outside London which is completely not true.

Yes if you had bothered to do any basic research citys like Leicestor, Bradford, Birmingham and Luton have populations where where the minorities make up the majority of the population. This information isn't difficult to find.

I already said there are black MP's in this country. Do you know what an MP is? Do you know what they do and how much power the role entails?

You are coming across as highly ignorant regarding your knowledge of the UK. Instead of making baseless assumptions you should of done some basic research first.

YoMelon...What you know about the ATL?

[video="youtube;Hr4wz4-27PY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr4wz4-27PY[/video]

Yassss This is Where we STAY CRUNK , THROW IT UP, DUBS ON THE Cadillac , WHITE TEE , NIKES GANGSTAS DON'T KNOW HOW TO ACT!!!
Original post by Beyoncstan
It's stuff like thiS I can't get down with. White people don't want anything to do with us. Why are Black Europeans obsessed with trying to be accepted by Whites? You are what we call in America a "Sell out"! I see black girls on this forum BEGGING whiet boys to like them ? WHY? Your BLACK be PROUD to be BLACK and be PROUD to be accepted by your own kind.

Do you know how many prominent African American women are D9 Greeks? You would be a token black girl in a white society and that's IF they even accepted your ass.

Good luck getting into SIGMA SIGMA SIGMA...

And, you completely missed the whole point of my post - congrats!

No, I don't give two ****s about some sorority in the redneck town. I don't think you understand, there is no white v black adversity for we're all ****ing humans OK, I am getting sick and tired of this ridiculous racism on both sides of the fence.

I've lived in 5 countries and been to tons of different schools, never have I experienced the blatant uneducated rubbish that is spouted on TSR by random black/white pride *******s. I've learnt to care for someone regardless of race, my friends are from a huge array of backgrounds, I don't need an internet warrior to come here and insult me like this.

Have fun with life mate, and unless you want to address my point you can sodd off.
LOL I forgot about that but ugh the Metro Mall isn't my environment lol

We would go to SpelHouse Homecoming or Clark

MLK Memorial

CNN

Then Lenox to look at eyecandy LOL

Have some Chicken & Waffles at Gladys Knights

Then end the night in Mid Town

Lol, classic A town. You need to get out more and maybe do some travelling because your views are warped out of proportion.
Original post by Princepieman
There's this thing called affirmative action - look it up please!

Yeah, they were great at the time. They provided the education to black Americans because they were otherwise denied it in many ways at the other institutions. Now, in the 21st century, the issue of black students going to college is a norm. No one will question or severely deter a black person from attending.

So what if they are the minority? That's the make up of the US as a whole, there is no need to turn down top stare schools or ivy league/top private schools to go to some unheard of HBCU because you want to be surrounded by black people. That is a ludicrous mentality.

And to your point, I know plenty of hard working black students who get good grades and get into top universities. They can because they understand the benefits and opportunities available to them at these institutions.

No, most top employers won't be targeting HBCUs for anything really. They have better pools of talent at the top schools.

Basically, as long as you work hard on your academics and show passion there is nothing stopping a black teenager in America today from getting into a good uni. I have more admiration for those who strive for that than settle for an HBCU.

You may the assumption that because it is a hbcu it isn't reputable and a subset of university. It isn't and it is actually recognised. To say there is nothing stopping a black teenager is ludicrous, you obviously do not follow current affairs there closely. Furthermore what if someone doesn't want to in a minority position so moves to an area where they are the majority
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow
You may the assumption that because it is a hbcu it isn't reputable and a subset of university. It isn't and it is actually recognised. To say there is nothing stopping a black teenager is ludicrous, you obviously do not follow current affairs there closely. Furthermore what if someone doesn't want to in a minority position so moves to an area where they are the majority

It's recognised but no one is going to recognise them over a Harvard, Stanford, Yale etc. I just feel its stupid to aim for somewhere without as many opportunities or brand recognition with the excuse of I don't want to mix with another race - if that doesn't ridiculous to you I'll have to question your reasoning skills.

Well there isn't. Police shootings have nothing to do with work ethic and striving to get the best education. Please, tell me how these are linked?

As mentioned before, affirmative action exists to aid black people into these prestigious colleges. If they've worked hard, gotten the grades and ECs to get they will have a much greater chance than anyone else. I'd say this is more of a class issue, all my middle class black friends are off to prestigious universities whilst the one token working class black person is doing drugs/involved in gangs.
That's African American history in general we invented our own culture in this country. We invented our own schools, music(Every modern genre of American music was invented by black people Rock n Roll, RnB, Hip Hop, Rab, Jazz, Blues,Gospel, Disco, Pop etc)... fashion, hell w even have African American Vernacular English etc. I think it would be great if UK universities launched your own chapters of NPHC Organizations. There are many foreign born members of these organizations.

Novascope one the coolest things you can do is to attend a NPHC Step Show... You would be amazed LOL

Since you're an American, why are you taking so much interest in what Black British students do?
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
Since you're an American, why are you taking so much interest in what Black British students do?

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen...

:lol: :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
[QUOTE=Princepieman;55192047]It's recognised but no one is going to recognise them over a Harvard, Stanford, Yale etc. I just feel its stupid to aim for somewhere without as many opportunities or brand recognition with the excuse of I don't want to mix with another race - if that doesn't ridiculous to you I'll have to question your reasoning skills.

Well there isn't. Police shootings have nothing to do with work ethic and striving to get the best education. Please, tell me how these are linked?

As mentioned before, affirmative action exists to aid black people into these prestigious colleges. If they've worked hard, gotten the grades and ECs to get they will have a much greater chance than anyone else. I'd say this is more of a class issue, all my middle class black friends are off to prestigious universities whilst the one token working class black person is doing drugs/involved in gangs.

That's what you don't understand about how America works. Those schools are elitist and statistics show that African Americans with those educations still are paid far less than Whites. That's also "White Standards", there are alot of black people in America that are not pressed to be successful by "White Standards thus going to Ivy League schools is not something we exactly strive for. Regardless of what you say, FACTS show that Howard, Morehouse, Spelman produce more black wealth and doctors, attorneys, engineers etc than Harvard, Yale and Columbia when we talk about black people.

75% of all Black PhD's, 46% of Black business executives, 50% of Black engineers, 80% of Black federal judges, 85% of all Black doctors, 50% of Black attorneys, 75% of Black military officers, 40% of Black dentists, 50% of Black pharmacists, 75% of Black Veterinarians and finally, almost 40% of this country's Black graduates were educated at HBCU's.

Please check this out...
http://hbcu-levers.blogspot.com/p/this-note-provides-closer-look-at-some.html

For African Americans HBCU"s produce ore black wealth, elite careers than PWI's.

For example in my family it's split 50/50 but the half that attended HBCU's have higher paying jobs than my cousins who went to Georgia State, Univ. of Georgia, Valdosta State etc.
Reply 48
Original post by Princepieman
Lol, classic A town. You need to get out more and maybe do some travelling because your views are warped out of proportion.

This is the tourist status quo. I'm born and raised in the A...I rarely go to any of these places. Though every time family or friends comes to visit we always end up at Glady's knights LOL OUt of town folks love to go to that place. :colondollar:
That's what you don't understand about how America works. Those schools are elitist and statistics show that African Americans with those educations still are paid far less than Whites. That's also "White Standards", there are alot of black people in America that are not pressed to be successful by "White Standards thus going to Ivy League schools is not something we exactly strive for. Regardless of what you say, FACTS show that Howard, Morehouse, Spelman produce more black wealth and doctors, attorneys, engineers etc than Harvard, Yale and Columbia when we talk about black people.

75% of all Black PhD's, 46% of Black business executives, 50% of Black engineers, 80% of Black federal judges, 85% of all Black doctors, 50% of Black attorneys, 75% of Black military officers, 40% of Black dentists, 50% of Black pharmacists, 75% of Black Veterinarians and finally, almost 40% of this country's Black graduates were educated at HBCU's.

Please check this out...
http://hbcu-levers.blogspot.com/p/this-note-provides-closer-look-at-some.html

For African Americans HBCU"s produce ore black wealth, elite careers than PWI's.

For example in my family it's split 50/50 but the half that attended HBCU's have higher paying jobs than my cousins who went to Georgia State, Univ. of Georgia, Valdosta State etc.

It is a good environment for any black student but it is a shame it isn't prevalent in the UK. If anything it is more needed in the UK due to the anti-black sentiments and denail of it that are rife everywhere
Leave your segregation and closet racism in the US please, Britain doesn't need it.
Original post by Another
Leave your segregation and closet racism in the US please, Britain doesn't need it.

This.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending