The Student Room Group

Would you ever marry someone outside of your religion/culture/background?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Smurf
But I have never seen a white girl/Oriental guy couple in real life. Haven't you said in a thread before that you don't find Oriental guys attractive? :eyeball: A lot of white girls would say "oh I don't find Oriental guys attractive but I'm sure loads of others do". But when most have that mentality then very little or none of them would actually go for an Oriental guy.

'Oriental' guys generally tend to have tiny dicks. That's my experience, so I can't say I'd ever be going back: )
Nope, I wouldnt marry outside of my religion.
Original post by SophieSmall
Well oh well, doesn't mean they don't exist.

No I have specifically said to you before (in yet another thread where you brought up how white girls hate you) that I have been attracted to a couple of east Asians in the past. I no longer really know anyone of a different race who I'm attracted to no, in the past I knew a few.

Yes but it is really disheartening to have never seen such a couple.

I honestly don't remember and can't even locate the thread with my stalking skills.
Hmmmmmm....that question has gotten a lot more interesting for me, lately.

I tend to have a strong preference for Indian girls (Sikh or Hindu).....but if I met a non-Indian girl who was cool and was into the same stuff I'm into.....then maybe......
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by soanonymous
'Oriental' guys generally tend to have tiny dicks. That's my experience, so I can't say I'd ever be going back: )

Lol

Dem genetics
Religion- Yes
But out of culture, probably no. I love being an Asian, we have so many wonderful things- great weddings, festivals/gatherings, so close as a big family, etc. As much as the advantages, we have the disadvantages- bitching, reputation, etc.

So I'd prefer someone to come from the same culture so they would understand all this and share the same experience. They would be aware of the disadvantages and know how to tolerate it- I wouldn't have to explain it- as if your non-Asian it's so hard to explain certain things in the Asian culture. It would cause so much complications and may even lead to breakups due misunderstanding or due to the culture clash.

Note: I'm not saying the Asian culture is better than others. This is just how I feel about being with someone out of culture.
Religion: No

Everything else, I don't care about.
Reply 47
I wouldn't be against marrying someone outside of my religion/ culture (I'm agnostic and white british).

BUT my partner of 5 years has a similar background to mine in terms of family upbringing, economic status and previous experience and I think that if I had a partner who didn't share some aspects of my previous life with me, it would be difficult to relate to them on certain levels.
Culture, religion or background does not bother me one bit.
I could marry an Indian Hindu and it would not bother me at all.
I'm White South Londoner btw
:u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending