The Student Room Group

Big 4 Advice - Entry Lvl Restructuring transfer ?

Hello

I am in a bit of a situation and unsure how to proceed.

Basically, I work for a big 4 in tax, an area I don't really want to be in, ideally I want to be in corporate specifically m&a advisory.

I've just progressed with an application for a role within corporate finance restructuring, in the solvent liquidaton. Ideally the role is quite junior, not requiring a degree or chartered qualification (which I don't have) but the is paying quite low (early 20s) and job spec didn't specify any training involved, I am concerned the role isn't quite what I think.

Does anyone have any insight, I know that from my exp within the big 4 even if it isn't mentioned, training for qualifications are almost certain.

As someone without the right qualifications finding a junior opportunity in corporate finance has been incredibly difficult, is it foolish of me to not go for it ? I know within tax a transfer (ie corporate to hnw) is quite common, is that the same in CF, could I see myself from solvent liquidation (restructuring) to m&a (advisory) with a charter in 5 years time ?

I really want to ensure I make the right decision before approaching my manager for transfer approval

Many thanks
jobo
Restructuring and M&A are quite different businesses. Administration is not the same as advising on acquisitions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending