The Student Room Group

Highly rated youngsters who failed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Krkic failed at Barcelona, but it's all relative, isn't it? He's been a shining light in the PL for Stoke this season, pre-injury. Victor Moses didn't start at Chelsea, and he's still a regular PL player, and has shown himself to be capable of being a key player at a club between 8th and 12th. That hardly constitutes 'failure'. We need to define this.
Original post by Mackay
Krkic failed at Barcelona, but it's all relative, isn't it? He's been a shining light in the PL for Stoke this season, pre-injury. Victor Moses didn't start at Chelsea, and he's still a regular PL player, and has shown himself to be capable of being a key player at a club between 8th and 12th. That hardly constitutes 'failure'. We need to define this.

Living up to expectations I think is what people are talking about.

Yeah, Krkic is quality as we have seen with Stoke but people used to talk about him like he was going to on the level of Iniesta etc.

Moses too. People talked about him like he'd be a regular England starter.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Adu was never any good, I know Americans who saw him at the time and said it was baffling even then when he was playing in MLS how he got into the teams. Smacks of the US just wanting a worldwide star.

I know people who saw him when he was training at United briefly and he was abysmal in the 5 a side games by all accounts.

"Touch of a rapist" is one remark a guy distastefully used to describe him.
Original post by Mackay
Throw in Bruno "as good as Vieira" Cheyrou, too.

I thought he was the new Zidane?
Reply 24
Original post by KimKallstrom
I thought he was the new Zidane?

You're right. Diao was the new Vieira.
Original post by Wilfred Little
What happened to Alexandre Pato and Ganso?

Knees happened (or didn't, depending on your point of view).
Macheda.

He had a wicked shot on him
Original post by StretfordEnd
Macheda.

Completely forgot about him!

OK I'll add some others.

Remember Kerlon who did that seal dribble where he balanced it on his head?
Javier Saviola
Who was that Angolan that United had?
Lee Sharpe should have been on a similar level to the other United youngsters from that era
David Dunn was considered a future England player
Richard Wright - the goalkeeper
Alan Smith didn't have the career people thought he'd have when he was at Lilleshall
Kim Kallstrom :wink:

I'll think of some more later........
Balotelli. After his two goals against Germany I thought he was ready to make the transition to become a world class player/

Quick Reply

Latest