The Student Room Group

Avoiding The Friendzone

I'm 16 years old and haven't had a proper relationship in my life. I've always been interested in girls but I always end up either too close friends or not close enough for a relationship. I'm going to 6th form in September and would like some advice on avoiding this.
Now's NOT the time to be thinking about this!!!

Your studies and job prospects go first. Yes they do.
There is no avoiding the friends zone, it'll catch you sooner or later and slowly consume your emotions. hopes and dreams.
just be yourself and don't try too hard to win girls overs xxx good luck
There is no friendzone. A relationship is friendship + sexual attraction, if she isn't attracted to you she probably never was or she got to know you and you weren't for her, it's unfortunate but it happens to nearly everyone, so you just need to move on.

Also, you're only 16! Just chill, there's no rush to find someone
Reply 5
The main reason friendzoning happens is that the girl sees you as a friend rather than a romantic interest. That tends to happen because it's not obvious to her that you're interested in her in that way, so she thinks the two of you are forming a normal friendship. In other words, it's because you're playing it safe and not willing to risk her rejection.

Try flirting more, asking the girl out, or otherwise making it clear through your behaviour that you're potentially interested in her (without saying outright that you like her/have feelings for her).
Original post by miser
The main reason friendzoning happens is that the girl sees you as a friend rather than a romantic interest. That tends to happen because it's not obvious to her that you're interested in her in that way, so she thinks the two of you are forming a normal friendship. In other words, it's because you're playing it safe and not willing to risk her rejection.

Try flirting more, asking the girl out, or otherwise making it clear through your behaviour that you're potentially interested in her (without saying outright that you like her/have feelings for her).

Absolutely this.

I've never been "friendzoned" and it's probably a combination of two things: 1 - I'm a confident person
2 - I'm no good at hiding how I feel about people. Actually I never even try to hide it. Why would I?

If I met a girl and liked her, it would be immediately obvious through flirting and body-language, and within a few interactions (i.e. on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th time of speaking), I would ask her out. No reason to wait any longer than that.

So basically, be confident and upfront about your feelings. Why lie?
Be attractive, since most girls your age only care about looks.

Also, don't be too "nice"; don't go out of your way to buy things for a girl or any of that **** because at the end of the day, she would probably just take advantage of you and you wouldn't get anything out of it. Don't waste time, money or effort on a girl if you're not sure you'll get anything out of it. In the end, most girls aren't worth it.
Step 1:

Act fast - actually let her know you like her sexually

Step 2:

Don't waste your time if you're not getting what you want - if she doesn't want you, someone else will :wink:
Original post by e aí rapaz
Absolutely this.

I've never been "friendzoned" and it's probably a combination of two things: 1 - I'm a confident person
2 - I'm no good at hiding how I feel about people. Actually I never even try to hide it. Why would I?

If I met a girl and liked her, it would be immediately obvious through flirting and body-language, and within a few interactions (i.e. on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th time of speaking), I would ask her out. No reason to wait any longer than that.

So basically, be confident and upfront about your feelings. Why lie?

Usually im quite a confident person. I try and talk to girls and make it clear how I feel without saying but im always unsure or nervous because I dont know how far or how flirty to be.
I'm nearly 19 and haven't stop whinging
Reply 11
Original post by octopauly
There is no friendzone. A relationship is friendship + sexual attraction, if she isn't attracted to you she probably never was or she got to know you and you weren't for her, it's unfortunate but it happens to nearly everyone, so you just need to move on.

Also, you're only 16! Just chill, there's no rush to find someone

^ this + it's a really good strategy to avoid trying endlessly with someone who doesn't fancy you. I think most people go through acting like a love struck idiot once or twice when there's just nothing in it for them. It just brings angst and humiliation. Put your energy where you stand a chance. A brief period of flirting to judge interest, ask out if there I some encouragement. Otherwise move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending