The Student Room Group

#WinItWednesdays - what's the worst gift you've ever received?

That's right... what's the best worst gift you've received? :present: :poo: :unsure:

Whether it's been a Christmas, Birthday, Wedding or Valentines present... what's made you do the awkward "aww, thank you so much :ninja: "?

The best worst gift will win a prize and be added to the WinItWednesday Leaderboard :king1:

Happy... presenting? :hmmmm:

Scroll to see replies

A card with no money inside.
My grandpa gifted me this like 3 years ago. They broke up in '02 and I was never really a fan :'(
Reply 3
A temporary glittery metallic tattoo kit made for an 8 year old girl, with butterflies, hearts and phrases like "girls rule!" ....When I was 15...I'm male as well...smh

This was graciously given to me by the same people who gave my little sister a full snowboarding set...SHE'S ONLY 8 :angry:

(edited 8 years ago)
A bird feeder
that was a true :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A card with two AA batteries sellotaped inside.

The previous year I had received a small alarm clock which took two AA batteries, but which had not been included.

I suspect the gifts were connected.
For my birthday, my boyfriend once bought me an ornament of a bear holding a bag of cats. His reasoning, I think, was along the lines of: Kit loves cats. Kit likes cute things. This ornament includes kittens. Hence, it's cute. Unfortunately, he didn't examine the ornament closely enough. Alongside the kittens, there were bricks in the bag. So the bear was obviously about to drown them. I think my poor boyfriend was even more horrified than I was, when the realisation set in...
As a bonus one - more baffling than anything else - a Christmas present of an ashtray, a zippo lighter and lighter fluid. I was about 13 or 14. And didn't smoke.
For my brother's birthday, my grandparents put an obituary that they'd cut out of the newspaper in his card :rofl:
For my birthday my brother returned the gift that I gave him like 2 years ago and I was like 7 so bought him a pen set so I got that back :frown: the worst thing was that all the inks had dried out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Half a roll of kitchen towel.
Reply 11
A plastic lunchbox.
Last Christmas, my uncle gave me a d#ck in a box :frown:
A unicorn keyring like the one in the image from my grandad's wife for my 20th birthday :indiff:. It was heavy enough to be a paper weight, and it was clearly from a car boot sale that she loves to go to (the clasp was broken :rofl:).

I've also had a single Penguin bar from a multi pack wrapped up as a present. Tbf though Penguin bars are amazing :lol:.
A candle snuffer - what are we in Downton Abbey!

I don't even like candles
A zebra fur black leather handbag :s-smilie:

Also... this isn't a present, but this year for my birthday my aunt sent me a letter saying that I was no longer going to be receiving birthday cards as I was grown up now so I didn't need them and she didn't want to pay for stamps. :tongue:
Stickers...I wasn't even young :teehee:
Reply 17
A jar of tesco value mustard, sachet of tartare sauce and a sachet of vinegar. They were obviously picked up from a pub.:rolleyes:
A hug:colonhash:
Original post by PangXie
Half a roll of kitchen towel.

Top or bottom?

Quick Reply

Latest