The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
eternalsunshine
There are loads of people going to kings in september !! !!!! What about it D, almighty god of ukl?!

I will join your plea. However, the chances of it happening are slim...
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
kingslaw
I will join your plea. However, the chances of it happening are slim...

Noo they aren't, you've got to be positive!! There are loads going to KCL..

We should at least have a University of London subforum.......
Reply 3
Seeing as no mods are on here to argue the case against (which is rather substantial), can I?
mobbdeeprob
Seeing as no mods are on here to argue the case against (which is rather substantial), can I?

Its not substantial!!!
Reply 5
mobbdeeprob

If you want to. To be honest, I really cant be arsed listening to it, but go on as you wish...
Reply 6
Kings is a pesky backwater, trading under its formerly great name whilst undergoing a meteoric and unrivalled decline.

I can name four credible institutions (which will be around in the next twenty years) which should be assigned a sub-forum over the said 'institution':

UCL
QMC
SOAS
Royal Holloway

And, failing the above, LSE (2).
mobbdeeprob
Kings is a pesky backwater, trading under its formerly great name whilst undergoing a meteoric and unrivalled decline.

I can name four credible institutions (which will be around in the next twenty years) which should be assigned a sub-forum over the said 'institution':

UCL
QMC
SOAS
Royal Holloway

ERGHHhh yeah right.

I dont wish to get into a big fat argument over the merits of Kings as a university, but the fact remains that there are quite a few people on here who are going to kings.

And you may not have noticed but I also suggested an additional UoL subforum. You silly LSEers can keep to yourself but perhaps the UCL & RHUL & KCL could all benefit from intercollegiate related discussion.

NB: When I say silly LSEers I don't mean all who go to LSE I just mean everyone who thinks that because they go to LSE that other people shouldn't go to other universities!!
Reply 8
eternalsunshine
ERGHHhh yeah right.

I dont wish to get into a big fat argument over the merits of Kings as a university, but the fact remains that there are quite a few people on here who are going to kings.

And you may not have noticed but I also suggested an additional UoL subforum. You silly LSEers can keep to yourself but perhaps the UCL & RHUL & KCL could all benefit from intercollegiate related discussion.

NB: When I say silly LSEers I don't mean all who go to LSE I just mean everyone who thinks that because they go to LSE that other people shouldn't go to other universities!!

Apologies, apologies - I'm in a rather truculent frame of mind at the minute.

My post was designed to irritate and it is not an expression of my actual views, more a distillation of the very things I know will miff you in the extreme! I am not affiliated with the God-forsaken place on Houghton St.

On a serious note, I think you may have a point for a sub-forum, along with (as you rightly point out) UCL and in my opinion, Cardiff and Bath.
Reply 9
mobbdeeprob

UCL
QMC
SOAS
Royal Holloway

i think we should stick with top 10 , which would rule out royal holloway, soas and qmc and kings college
Reply 10
agreed there should be a UoL sub-forum, which would include all the Unis of London that already dont have their own forums (and seeing from previous posts etc, there are quite a few ppl here that wud be included in this)
Reply 11
TheWolf
i think we should stick with top 10 , which would rule out royal holloway, soas and qmc and kings college

And who are in the top 10? Whoever you say would and shall be debated!
Reply 12
Would it just not be better to have it divided by:

South East
South
South West
Midlands
North West
North
North East
Scotland
Wales

Would stop all these complaints every so often!
James_W

South East
South
South West
Midlands
North West
North
North East
Scotland
Wales

No! Muahaha... I think it's good the way it is, as it's pretty useful for uni-related enquiries about accommodation particularly - but just noticed a lot of ppl are going to london other than lse & imperial & it would be good if they (well, we) could have a subforum!!
James_W

South East
South
South West
Midlands
North West
North
North East
Scotland
Wales

Sorry, but I'm against this too - maybe its the elitist in me :wink:
Reply 15
mobbdeeprob
Sorry, but I'm against this too - maybe its the elitist in me :wink:

I'm against it to. It's far too vague. The categories should simply be defined by demand.

Where is it your going?
Reply 16
Well I just can't stand the complaints!
The collective University of London subforum idea does sound feasible though, why should LSE stand aloft when you consider how small the institution is?

A UoL thread would also do much to make the forum more manageable by tidying away 'Living Costs in London', 'Intercollegiate UoL accommodation' from the more generic threads.

A minor point, but (on UKL) I have sensed (and sometimes fomented) the tension between students of the constituent institutions which form the collective UoL. Maybe a federalised thread would help to discourage this? ...Tarring the Houghton St. prima-donas with the UofL brush... - oops me thinking aloud, sorry!
C'est settled then, next time I check this part of the boards I expect at least to see a UoL subforum :biggrin:
Reply 19
Most international students do consider UOL colleges - a sub forum wud therefore be a gud source of information. Also, worldover, UOL is a premier University often regarded just after Oxbridge. So a seperate subforun sounds good..... :biggrin:

Latest