The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lol definetely not st hugh's
Reply 2
i think its fairly obvious
Worcester has the worst :yy:
RogueTrader
lol definetely not st hugh's

I went to visit my mate who was staying up at st hughs. Their jcr was totally different to all the others i saw. It was like some kinda conservatory! But cool nonetheless.
tazmanmaniac
Worcester has the worst :yy:

haha that is true.

i visited queens - hated it, but the jcr had some well nice chairs :biggrin:
golden_touch19
haha that is true.

i visited queens - hated it, but the jcr had some well nice chairs :biggrin:

lol, you're right. The chairs are very very nice
Reply 7
Brasenose's was fairly cool; rumour has it that the TV can be seen from space.
Reply 8
you can't beat a free pool table at pembroke:smile:
Reply 9
Jesus has free pool, big TV AND the comfiest seats in Oxford. We also have the JCR hatch as operated by the lovely Val who sells hot toast and chocolate and cake :biggrin: Seriously though I haven't seen to many other JCRs but ours is less than 10 years old and therefore NICE. Exeter's is however skanky!
Reply 10
Magdalens was really niice there were 2 room a big TV room with sky TV and really comfy chair and then one with a free pool table and a smaller tv with just terrestrial and some sofas. it was certainly wayyy better than LMH which i had an interview at as well.
Reply 11
Magdalen's is nicer than Jesus' however those are the only two I've visited.
Someone i met who was staying at magdalen said that it's a really nice college, but they couldn't believe how it had such a bad jcr!
Reply 13
Bekaboo
ours is less than 10 years old and therefore NICE. Exeter's is however skanky!

1. Exeter's has just been redecorated
2. Well at least we dont keep sheep in ours
:biggrin:
Keble has a giant teddy thing to sit on.
Reply 15
trinitys isnt that great

theres a big tv, pool, pinball etc

but still. not great.
Wadham's is well cool
Reply 17
St Cats' is pretty big and the chairs looked comfy (I didn't sit down in them).

If we're starting a proper list - Hertford's is in two rooms, one pay-for football table, one pay-for pool table, large TV with full Sky services, four computers (with oddly low chairs), vending machine for sweets, vending machine for drinks, Time Crisis, Virtua Tennis and another video game machine.
Definitely not Hilda's, bless it :biggrin:
I nearly fainted when I saw the size of the TV in Brasenose :smile:
Reply 19
St Johns seemed to have a number of rooms. A sky TV room, a games room, a bar, lounge, and two more rooms with seats in, which were a bit sparce

Edit: there were probably more that I didn't see (maybe someone could correct me)

Latest

Trending

Trending