The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Can't decide between University of Liverpool or University of Leeds for geology

Poll

Which University is better overall in your opinion?

Hi all,
I've heard back from all the universities now and got an offer from all the universities i applied for.
I knew that i would choose Leeds or Liverpool if i get offers from them but now i cant decide which to put as my firm offer and which as the insurance.
Can people give me extra background on either/both universities or anything that you think can help me decide which University to choose as my firm cause i really liked both the universities and the departments when i attended the open/post-open days
Anything about the night life, the university itself, the towns themselves etc etc. would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by Mighty97
Hi all,
I've heard back from all the universities now and got an offer from all the universities i applied for.
I knew that i would choose Leeds or Liverpool if i get offers from them but now i cant decide which to put as my firm offer and which as the insurance.
Can people give me extra background on either/both universities or anything that you think can help me decide which University to choose as my firm cause i really liked both the universities and the departments when i attended the open/post-open days
Anything about the night life, the university itself, the towns themselves etc etc. would be appreciated :smile:

Hi there,

First of all, congratulations on your offer!

In terms of Liverpool in general, it's a brilliant city with loads to do. There's shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs, heritage sites, two cathedrals, the docks, a beach and much much more!

Whilst our city is big, it's not so big that getting around takes taxis/buses and therefore extra money. Most things are within walking distance, especially as our campus is only a 10 minute walk away from the city centre. Have a watch of our video:

[video="youtube;_jIHhv4rLaI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jIHhv4rLaI[/video]

We also have a blogging website, My Liverpool Story, which is full of tips, tricks and thoughts from current students.

I hope that helps - if you need any more advice you can post here or use our chat facility on our website :smile:.

Amy
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
The geology department at Liverpool is fairly small so you get to know your coursemates and professors better. They always seem to be going on field trips too.

I love Liverpool... everyone is really friendly and it's the best night out you'll ever have (I'm not even exaggerating)
Advice on making Firm and Insurance choices here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=16167-firm-and-insurance-choices

In particular - think about which course you prefer, not which Uni.
Reply 4
Thank you for the advice,

Original post by University of Liverpool
Hi there,

First of all, congratulations on your offer!

In terms of Liverpool in general, it's a brilliant city with loads to do. There's shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs, heritage sites, two cathedrals, the docks, a beach and much much more!

Whilst our city is big, it's not so big that getting around takes taxis/buses and therefore extra money. Most things are within walking distance, especially as our campus is only a 10 minute walk away from the city centre. Have a watch of our video:

We also have a blogging website, My Liverpool Story, which is full of tips, tricks and thoughts from current students.

I hope that helps - if you need any more advice you can post here or use our chat facility on our website :smile:.

Amy
Thanks for the video and the extra info, that does sound quite nice convenient :smile: and it seems like it did help me lean to the Liverpool side.

Original post by Illuminate.
The geology department at Liverpool is fairly small so you get to know your coursemates and professors better. They always seem to be going on field trips too.

I love Liverpool... everyone is really friendly and it's the best night out you'll ever have (I'm not even exaggerating)

Yeah i was told about that on the open day that i attended and i do like smaller groups more than having large groups but apparently theres been a lot of applicants this year for Geology at Liverpool.

Original post by returnmigrant
Advice on making Firm and Insurance choices here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=16167-firm-and-insurance-choices

In particular - think about which course you prefer, not which Uni.

Yeah I know its important to choose the University that has a great course as well but their almost identical For the Univeristy of Leeds and Liverpool which doesnt really help and they both have optional modules at later years which im interested :s .
Reply 5
Hey there :smile: would you mind telling me what uni you went for and why? I also can't decide between Liverpool and Manchester but i'm leaning towards Liverpool more.
Reply 6
Hi
I ended up going for Liverpool cause after I went to the opening day I could really see myself studying there andi really liked the teachers and professor there. also the whole area around the uni had a great vibe to it. Don't know if it helps you though. sorry if it didnt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending