The Student Room Group

How to handle political differences in a relationship?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Anonymous
I support the BNP and my partner supports UKIP (like my dad), whilst my mum supports the Green Party and my best friend supports Labour. It does cause the occasional disagreement but it's never really serious or personal, so I don't think political difference is a big deal really :smile:

No wonder you posted anonymously seeing as you support the BNP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
You should be able to find some leftish centre ground. Plus you can remind him that his party has zero chance of wielding power since the nation is not up for going back to living in mud huts. Lively banter in a relationship is healthy anyway.
Original post by Zarek
You should be able to find some leftish centre ground. Plus you can remind him that his party has zero chance of wielding power since the nation is not up for going back to living in mud huts. Lively banter in a relationship is healthy anyway.

Hehehe
I have two friends who have had a very successful 5 year relationship as a hard Left Labour supporter, who works as a SpAd for them, and a 'I like Bill Cash but he's a bit Pinko' Tory, who works at Taxpayers' Alliance.

They have the rules: only ever debate it (ie. Don't argue) and only cover any topic once. Once it's done, it's done.

Works well for them.
as long as your are both left wingers you broadly agree
Original post by Wade-
No wonder you posted anonymously seeing as you support the BNP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually, it's because some of my family/friends know my account name on here. Regardless of what party I support, I prefer to keep my political views private, I don't think there's anything particularly odd about that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending