The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lady Comstock
realy dnt get this lol.

see so many post on tsr where ppl are trying to spk posh. wots the point lol? it dnt make u look cleverer if u spk like the queen lol. & it dnt make u a better person then me ok? so many ppl think spking posh makes them win the argment. it dnt lol.

m8888ate finally som1 who understands me we should speak like how we feel and i it doesnt matter how perfect ur grammer is.. it doest make a difference to how smart u are..

ayy lads would u belive i got an a* in maths at alevel...no u wouldnt believe that becuas u think im dumb cause i talk like this m8

i aint stupid! square go like :colondollar:
Original post by Gott
You'd expect a reasonable level of literacy on a student forum

m8 im a student at uni and i talk like this on tsr...

we shouldnt judge ppl based on grammer lads aright then
Original post by The_Uneasy_Truth
m8888ate finally som1 who understands me we should speak like how we feel and i it doesnt matter how perfect ur grammer is.. it doest make a difference to how smart u are..

ayy lads would u belive i got an a* in maths at alevel...no u wouldnt believe that becuas u think im dumb cause i talk like this m8

i aint stupid! square go like :colondollar:

fanks m8
it dnt make u look cleverer

Except it does.
Original post by Inexorably
You mean when people use punctuation and spell words correctly?...

My chav detector is tingling.

:toofunny:
cleverer
Reply 26
Is it just me that thought 'spank' instead of 'speak'?
Reply 27
Original post by The_Uneasy_Truth
m8 im a student at uni and i talk like this on tsr...

we shouldnt judge ppl based on grammer lads aright then

Don't shank me fam.
Original post by Little Toy Gun
Except it does.

lol it dnt m8
Because we're not in year 6 anymore...
It shows intelligence. Looking intelligent is very important for status. I'm not saying have an obvious tryhard accent, but don't use slang, speak slowly, evenly and calmly and pronounce world properly and with correct grammer and people will respect you.
This is my normal way of talking anyway? i hav 2 put in efortz 2 spak lik dis!!!1!1!
realy dnt get this lol.

see so many post on tsr where ppl are trying to spk posh. wots the point lol? it dnt make u look cleverer if u spk like the queen lol. & it dnt make u a better person then me ok? so many ppl think spking posh makes them win the argment. it dnt lol.

dis yute betta shut up youlo?

m9 you aint no roadman so bust out cuz, man bring teh bredren to rumble u up and **** ygm?

bmt u cnt write posh, its basic engulish u gt me innit?

nd of the day brudda, you have to write normally isn't it my friend?
u a tory m8?

Funnily enough, yes I am. Poor people disgust me.
Reply 35
lol this is wot i mean lol. y say feed when u can say eat. this is wot i mean bout ppl spking posh for no reson lol.

Because if I wrote "Don't eat the Trolls" that would have a different meaning. That's why they're different words. Seems like a pretty good reason.

pls dnt quote a non-rusel group uni to me
no lol i mean why do ppl spk posh.... like u do lol.

I know what you meant. I don't consider it posh, it's just... easier, less disoriented and cleaner.
pls dnt quote a non-rusel group uni to me

The professor who wrote the article graduated from University of York (BA), University of Leeds (PGCE), and University of Warwick (PhD).

All Russell Groups.
There are certain concepts that can't be expressed in words of less than three syllables.

Latest