The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Accepted offer, but haven't received email with student number- is this normal?

About a week and a half ago I accepted an unconditional offer to study Healthcare Science at Swansea, but still haven't received the email with my student number on it to apply for accommodation.

Is it normal for there to be a gap between accepting an offer and getting the email out, or should I contact the Admissions office to check up?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
Reply 1
Original post by Scathach
About a week and a half ago I accepted an unconditional offer to study Healthcare Science at Swansea, but still haven't received the email with my student number on it to apply for accommodation.

Is it normal for there to be a gap between accepting an offer and getting the email out, or should I contact the Admissions office to check up?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

First of all... CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PLACEMENT OFFER!!! :biggrin:

I've been given an unconditional offer as well for the Bsc. Computer Science course including the foundation year though and today I received my student number as part of my accommodation invitation.

I could be wrong here but as long as you've got your unconditional offer then you should be pretty much set and there shouldn't be much to worry about :smile:
Another way to put it is that you're in power now, if they end up not getting back to you and not provide you with an placement or withdraw it for reason without notice then you can get back to them and make sure that they don't :wink:

It toke me around two week I believe to receive the accommodation invitation and if you truly are worried about it then you could always of course give them a ring and see what's up but as mentioned before since you've got an unconditional offer you're pretty much set, just give them some time to set you up and manage your paperwork and once they're set they'll shoot you your student number along the accommodation invitation email.

One other thing you could also do to be safe is check UCAS, you should have an confirmation letter there that says something along:

This letter is official proof of your place, and can be used by education authorities and banks to confirm your student status. You may wish to print it to keep for your records.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest