The Student Room Group

Indian/Pakistani girls harder to approach?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NutE
We are. I'm very different to the other Pakistani girls who live in my area as their families are more conservative. No it's not always prearranged. For example my sister and brother both married their bf/gf. My sister got married at 20, but I have another sister who's 26 but she isn't married yet. In asian culture, if you're over 25 you're kinda looked down on because you're not married, quite silly really. I can't speak much for other Asian families.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's quite interesting, majority of Pakistani girls are quite beautiful though.
But from my experience, they're quite snakey people. Sly acting.
Sounds like the girls you tried to approach were just stuck up or in a bad mood or something. I am Asian (but westernized) and I am nothing like that haha!
Original post by bolly_mad
Like I said, just forget about them. Remember that the problem is in their head, not yours. You can't blame yourself for someone else's inferiority complex or ignorance.

It's not like there's only a handful of Asians around, lol. If some have the wrong attitude, just find the ones that have the right attitude.

I'm afraid that since this video of you went viral, you have little chance of that, sir. :biggrin:

Aye, I just don't bump into enough on a day to day basis, barely any Asian girls on my course and the ones that are, are like I described or super religious lol

But I thought the ladies loved a nice big moustache? :frown:
Reply 23
indians are too hard to be fair
Reply 24
Original post by Zenarthra
That's quite interesting, majority of Pakistani girls are quite beautiful though.
But from my experience, they're quite snakey people. Sly acting.

Yeah most of them are sneaky and sly, that's why I dont like mixing in with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Biryani007
Maybe they're not interested in a relationship, maybe they don't find you attractive, maybe they go for people of different races...could be a load of reasons tbf.

It's just the ones I've come across, I'm not trying to be bitter, one of the nicest and most down to earth girls I met in school was Indian, it's just at Uni the ones I've bumped into seem to treat me like I'm below them or something, even when I'm just having an innocent conversation.
Original post by sdotd

Or to be a coconut, eh? :biggrin:
Original post by geeky_penguin
Sounds like the girls you tried to approach were just stuck up or in a bad mood or something. I am Asian (but westernized) and I am nothing like that haha!

I've met more like that at Uni, I don't what it is lol. Shame because I would just love to have someone to discuss Bollywood with, I'm not even trying to laid or anything. :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Aye, I just don't bump into enough on a day to day basis, barely any Asian girls on my course and the ones that are, are like I described or super religious lol

They do love something nice and big.....but it ain't a moustache.....

Spoiler

Big moustaches??! Nooo I can't think of anyone that likes them sorry: (
Original post by bolly_mad
They do love something nice and big.....but it ain't a moustache.....

Spoiler

Well then, more motivation to revise then :wink:
Original post by geeky_penguin
Big moustaches??! Nooo I can't think of anyone that likes them sorry: (

slightly off topic, but would this type of facial be acceptable? I'm trying to grow this sort thing.
Attachment not found
Reply 32
To be perfectly honest...Most girls will be hesitant and act the way they do if they are uncomfortable with any kind of intension, whether based on religious beliefs, previous experience with past relationships or even currently in a relationship and not wanting to show they are available. Many asian girls would be in either these situations, and if that is the case of their hostility, the best choice is to let them be and talk to a girl that does seem friendly. Or, if you have enough courage, try and talk to those girls you describe, they may be very friendly once they subjected to a open and friendly conversation and with the right questions, you are able to understand any position they might be in (if you are attracted to her).

No one has a right to judge others, as everyone is equal in their own right, however its not right to say that some 'hijabis' will act worse than other girls who do not wear one, as that is just down right generalising and many girls have self-respect and just try and avoid any association with anything that goes against their own morals. People who 'openly' choose to be who they are, is purely their own choice and and those who be secretive about who they are, is again their own choice.
People need to be careful not to paint a picture about all people when making accusations, as this harms the stereotype they are creating, unintentionally. The same goes for the other way around, people should not be hypocrites, and openly judge others if they are doing the same thing.

Pakistani girls are not succumbed to strict arranged marriages these days...as many have potential people they are interested in where the feeling is mutual by the boy, so they decide to introduce each other to their families with the intension to marry further down the line.

Basically what I am trying to say is, take a risk and talk as some girls act unapproachable but are actually really nice, and don't judge others or create stereotypes as this harms the perception of these groups of individuals.

Sorry for the essay, but some things needed to be addressed.
Being westernized or not doesn't make you better than other asians ffs, if your stuck up and rude, your stuck up and rude, end of. Some of you act like being the most westernized is the holy grail.
I'm South Asian, but grew up in a very "white" area, not to say I'm not in touch with my heritage and do have some Asian friends. But why do I feel like Asian girls are more resistant to guys approaching them especially if they're Asian as well? Idk the body language always puts me off :frown: I'm not generalising, this is how I feel, could any Asians girls tell if this is the case and if so why? or am I just crazy?

Any tips on approaching an Asian girl?

(Asian = Indian/Pakistani/Bengali, for the purpose of this thread)

they could possibly be gunning for non Asian partners:s-smilie:
Original post by sdotd

nothing good in being loose
I'm South Asian, but grew up in a very "white" area, not to say I'm not in touch with my heritage and do have some Asian friends. But why do I feel like Asian girls are more resistant to guys approaching them especially if they're Asian as well? Idk the body language always puts me off :frown: I'm not generalising, this is how I feel, could any Asians girls tell if this is the case and if so why? or am I just crazy?

Any tips on approaching an Asian girl?

(Asian = Indian/Pakistani/Bengali, for the purpose of this thread)

Go up to them and ask if they need some D for dinner :biggrin:
slightly off topic, but would this type of facial be acceptable? I'm trying to grow this sort thing.
Attachment not found

The link doesn't show any picture sorry!
Original post by Pheoa101
Being westernized or not doesn't make you better than other asians ffs, if your stuck up and rude, your stuck up and rude, end of. Some of you act like being the most westernized is the holy grail.

I agree with you about the rude and stuck up thing. As for the western Asians, I think people are referring to the fact that they are more approachable by guys as the more traditional Asian girls tend not to date due to their culture
Yeah they seem very conservative and look at you really distastefully when walking past in my opinion. Just stare straight ahead and don't give then the go boost of looking at them. They don't really seem to be that down to earth either in my experience but obviously that is only based on my own experiences. I think it's like a taboo for them to be seen talking to men and also because especially in their areas all the people know each other and someone will end up telling their parents. Best to just keep walking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending