The Student Room Group

AS AQA Religious Studies RSS01 Ethics Predictions

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing this exam too! Planning on doing Utilitarianism and Situation Ethics! What does everyone think might come up?
Original post by Kings_queens
I got 86/90 in my latest rs mock and im willing to show my answers to 2014 Situation Ethics and Utilitarianism if anyone needs it?

both please
Any RSS02 predictions? Mainly Kant or Natural Law?
Im guessing for evaluation for Kant - are Kant's ideas about humans realistic?
and Cause is at the centre of life for natural law.
Original post by lokolika
Any RSS02 predictions? Mainly Kant or Natural Law?
Im guessing for evaluation for Kant - are Kant's ideas about humans realistic?
and Cause is at the centre of life for natural law.

Might be something on how coherent is the summum bonum
Reply 24
First of all does anyone know if there will be a question on both Abortion and Euthanasia in the RSSO1 Ethics Paper 2015 if so what question?

Also, I need help in understanding 'the value of potential life' in the abortion section since I don't understand it in the revision book.
Can this be explained to me in detail but in an easier form?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 25
Can you give me some examples and quotes?
Reply 26
Which one? The revision book or the actual book?
Reply 27
the official aqa textbook has parts which include: does life begin at conception or throughtout the pregancy does it develop, or is it even after its born. basically answering, when does life begin
does anyone do rss03? im really stuck on what to say about this June 2014 question on Atheism and Post Modernism. Last year they combined the two topics... Examine the ways in which a postmodernist view of religion has responded toatheism.
Reply 29
Anyone have any RSS04 essays for Design & Miracles? If so could you send them to me please :smile:
Original post by arrow_h
If it will be tested on both for euthanasia and abortion, would they possible ask for religious arguments against the ending of life, similar to the 2011 June paper?

Yea I would think so. Probably the same question but reworded differently
For RSS01 Utilitarianism i'd expect them to ask us about teleological thinking in contrast to deontological thinking with the help of refering to Utilitarianism as they have asked about all the other points on the specification. (for the 30marker). However, for the 15 marker you could either get something along the lines of How compatible is Utilitarianism with a religious approach toethics? or Strengths and weaknesses of the ethical systems of Bentham and Mill where the second one has not really come up at all really as a direct question but rather has been a general topic of discussion for all of the questions.

For Abortion and Euthanasia, for both questions I am speculating that it will be Euthanasia and religious teachings as well as the right to live. This one is difficult to predict because there is so much that could be said on this topic.

These are my speculations only as I identified the topics and eliminated the ones that have come up already and which are likely to come up tomorrow. Good luck :smile:
Original post by biankameow
For RSS01 Utilitarianism i'd expect them to ask us about teleological thinking in contrast to deontological thinking with the help of refering to Utilitarianism as they have asked about all the other points on the specification. (for the 30marker). However, for the 15 marker you could either get something along the lines of How compatible is Utilitarianism with a religious approach toethics? or Strengths and weaknesses of the ethical systems of Bentham and Mill where the second one has not really come up at all really as a direct question but rather has been a general topic of discussion for all of the questions.

For Abortion and Euthanasia, for both questions I am speculating that it will be Euthanasia and religious teachings as well as the right to live. This one is difficult to predict because there is so much that could be said on this topic.

These are my speculations only as I identified the topics and eliminated the ones that have come up already and which are likely to come up tomorrow. Good luck :smile:

That's what I'm thinking may come up for Utilitarianism tomorrow...hoping it goes okay! Good luck everyone.
Hiya what is predicted for utilitarianism and nature and value of human life
Original post by ohmyapplepie
That's what I'm thinking may come up for Utilitarianism tomorrow...hoping it goes okay! Good luck everyone.

what would you right or teleological thinning in contrast to deontalogical thinking with reference to utilitarianism

teleological none religious theory which looks at outcome and consequences before an action is carried out whereas deontalogical something that is classified as religion already has outcome that are already produced therefore doesn't produce much freedom ( autonomous) - heaven and hell
principle of utility
greatest happiness for the greatest number
rejects legalistic approach
Bentham looks at majority
Mill looks at minority- the quality of happiness is more important than then amount of happiness produced
that it looks at outcomes and measures the happiness generated using hedonic calculus and lower and higher pleasure
strong and weak rule utilitarianism

I just read the specification again, and nowhere can I see Deontological and Teleological. Are you sure it's there and possible for it to come up?
Original post by Adlucinor
I just read the specification again, and nowhere can I see Deontological and Teleological. Are you sure it's there and possible for it to come up?

Never mind, I found it! I think you make a good point, it could potentially come up, but since it's never come up, that also makes me feel as though it might be unlikely?

How is utilitarianism related to a relgious approach? Our teacher is awful so struggling a bit. Thank you
image.jpg
Original post by Hollie2338
How is utilitarianism related to a relgious approach? Our teacher is awful so struggling a bit. Thank you
has anyone got the june11 markscheme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending