The Student Room Group

Stupid things you believed as a kid

what stupid stuff did you believe as a little kid? i believed cats were girls and dogs were boys :redface:

Scroll to see replies

Well self-deception is more apt for the following

thought that the world was actually black and white in the olden days
I believed life was full of opportunity then as I got older I realised thats only true if you're a ****ing Tory. Everyone else is just living the struggle.
Original post by theo1jinx
what stupid stuff did you believe as a little kid? i believed cats were girls and dogs were boys :redface:

I believed that I was in some way magical. My reasoning was as follows:

1) My dad is really tall. (He is, actually - and he seemed even smaller back then.)

2) My dad is a giant.

3) Giants are magical.

4) Magic runs in families.

QED!

I didn't know how this magic in my blood was going to manifest itself, exactly, but I had high hopes.
Reply 4
That all chinese people knew kung-fu, I thought it was a standard thing. I also believed some people in China like shaolin monks could fly.. if Im honest I only discovered they couldnt a few years ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you keep digging into the ground, you'd end up in China
I blame Xiaolin Showdown

I can't remember why or how but i fully and wholeheartedly believed that this comfort guy was my dad. :eek::confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Europhile
I believed life was full of opportunity then as I got older I realised thats only true if you're a ****ing Tory. Everyone else is just living the struggle.

Lately I am believing this. I thought a good education could take me anywhere
Good post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I believed vacuum cleaners sucked in air and it was gone forever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Reply 11
Original post by AnnekaChan173
If you keep digging into the ground, you'd end up in China
I blame Xiaolin Showdown

Haha yeah this happened in various shows.. I used to believe that aswell :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I believed that I was in some way magical. My reasoning was as follows:

1) My dad is really tall. (He is, actually - and he seemed even smaller back then.)

2) My dad is a giant.

3) Giants are magical.

4) Magic runs in families.

QED!

I didn't know how this magic in my blood was going to manifest itself, exactly, but I had high hopes.

Haha. This one cracked me up :biggrin: I used to say to kid's faces that my dad could easily beat their dad

lol :tongue: that's cute.
- I believed in the power of the 'wishing well' (in other words, those fountains in Trafalgar Square)
- Every country had a different Father Christmas. The Asian ones in Mauritius wore feathers in their hair and played the panpipes (I lived in France at the time and kids confused Indians with Native Americans...'peau-rouge' - they were bloody racist :tongue:)
- My mum was a Disney princess
- I was a reincarnated Romanov princess (too much Disney's Anastasia... or whoever created it)
- I could recreate 'George's Marvellous Medicine'... actually tried this one
- Cuddly toys and dolls came to life at night - never cross them!
- There was an island made entirely of food out there...
:biggrin:
I used to believe that luggage you took on an overseas holiday was transported there somehow by some sort of massive under the ocean conveyer belt or something (as it comes out on a conveyer belt), instead of yknow, on the plane with you
Sounds like you had quite an awesome childhood :P

Lol I know right? :biggrin: Gotta admire kids imaginations. We grow up way too fast.x

I think my childhood was pretty crap. So my imagination was like my escape.

Oh! And there was a pot of gold with a cheeky leprechaun protecting it at the end of every rainbow... and each colour of the rainbow smelled of a different fruit - this part I might have read in a book.
(edited 9 years ago)
When I was little I believed that eating the pips in fruits (like oranges) would make them grow in your stomach.

I also believed that those gooey pod alien thing you could get could have babies.
Original post by hycurrie
When I was little I believed that eating the pips in fruits (like oranges) would make them grow in your stomach.

I also believed that those gooey pod alien thing you could get could have babies.

lol my dad convinced me to believe in the first one. :biggrin: So I always got rid of pips. Oh, also believed the Popeye thing that spinach would make you grow strong. Hated spinach at the time though.
Original post by godivaontherocks
lol my dad convinced me to believe in the first one. :biggrin: So I always got rid of pips. Oh, also believed the Popeye thing that spinach would make you grow strong. Hated spinach at the time though.

yes, yes definitely and eating something (I think bread crusts or something) would make your hair curly haha :smile:

I also beleived when I was little that teachers lived in school
That if I buried coins, a money tree would grow :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest