The Student Room Group

OCR Practical: NEED URGENT HELP! - couldn't trasfer last year's practical marks

Hi guys, this is my first time posting :colondollar: I'm in a really big dilemma at the moment and need some urgent help.

I'm retaking my A levels. Currently doing Chem (OCR), Bio (OCR), Maths (EDEXCEL) and Psychology (AQA).

Basically, at my (sh*tty) college, our Chemistry teacher asked if we wanted to transfer our practical marks from last year. Last year I did EDEXCEL Chemistry and I got full marks (60/60) for my practical so I asked to transfer and didn't need to do the practicals this year. I gave my certificates in and said they would transfer the results etc. That was, about, last year.

A few weeks ago, I got a hunch that maybe they wouldn't be able to transfer the results because the maximum marks for each board is different: Edexcel (max 60); OCR (max 40).

So I asked them to check whether they could still transfer the results or if the transfer has been completed.

They got back to me yesterday saying they couldn't transfer my practical marks from last year. (Ensue internal rage, a lot of sighing and snapping at everything around me :frown:).

They gave me two options. Either sign up for the Edexcel theory papers for this year (which I doubt is possible because there's like two weeks to go) or do the OCR practicals.

The problem is the practicals have finished and my class have only got the last try for the Quantitative and Evaluative left to do.

I am thinking about doing the OCR practicals and have to see them today to talk about my options. It's pissing me off that they only realised the issue only once I asked them to check, otherwise they probably wouldn't have noticed.

Please can someone help me or give me some advice?
(or even a few kind words to comfort me :tongue:)

Thank you!!
Reply 1
UPDATE:

I've talked to my teacher and they want me to go back to old board and do the Edexcel theory exams. They said they can still register me for it although I'm going to refuse to pay the fee because this is their fault.

I think I can manage learning the new specification because I did it last year and there's not much difference between the two boards.

Does anyone think this is the wiser option?

Quick Reply

Latest