The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Stafforshire University: applicant FAQ & ask the Offical Rep anything

Hey everyone,

This thread is to help you get answers to any questions you might have about applying to Staffs uni. We’ve put together an FAQ for you below which should be really useful.

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have in the thread and I’ll be able to help you. You can also come and say hello in our applicant chat thread and meet your future course mates :smile:

Katie

Open
If you’re thinking about Staffs Uni then come along to one of our Open your mind days .

This is your chance to find out what Staffs uni is really like. Our open days are hands on, so you’ll be able to experience the uni and our facilities, as well as find out everything you need to know from lecturers, students and advisors.

When can I come visit? (Updated with 2016 dates)

11 January - Centre of Excellence Shrewsbury (Nursing & Midwifery)

25 January - Centre of Excellence Stafford (Paramedic, Nursing, Midwifery, Operating Department Practice)

10 June - Stoke-on-Trent Campus

25 June - Centre of Excellence Stafford (Paramedic, Nursing, Midwifery, Operating Department Practice)

You can book your open day here .

Guaranteed work experience

We're really happy that from 2016 we can guarantee the opportunity of work experience all new students. This will help you connect with potential employers and give you a head start in the job market. It could be course specific or it could be broader work experience to help develop your skills.

Campus transformation

There are some really exciting changes happening at our campus, which you can find out about here .

Applying

requirements Entry

Accommodation

accommodation Applying for university

guide Halls

Uni

Union Student

Venues

Nightlife

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Am Nigerian and i got accepted for msc mechatronics come January 2015. but kind of worried about securing accommodation with private landlords. really wishing u guys can offer an assistance. thank you
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Original post by Arkitect
Am Nigerian and i got accepted for msc mechatronics come January 2015. but kind of worried about securing accommodation with private landlords. really wishing u guys can offer an assistance. thank you

Hi there

Have you had a look at the Staffordshire University Accommodation web page?

There are two sections on the accommodation page called:
Staffordshire University student pad
Staffordshire Students' Union

Both or which can help you search for private landlords in the local area.

However if you currently live outside the UK you may be eligible to live on campus in our Leek Road Houses accommodation where other masters students also live.

Hope that helps
Jack

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Staffordshire University
x

Hi,

Would you happen to know the university's fees policy for ELQ students? I was hoping to apply for an MSc at Staffs but I already have a Master's (in another area). Would I have to pay international student fees?

Thanks!

(I'm also having problems with your online application. It has allowed me to add 5 qualifications, but it keeps deleting the sixth. I've tried saving it multiple times and it keeps getting removed despite the maximum being ten. Any advice?)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by k3ro
Hi,

Would you happen to know the university's fees policy for ELQ students? I was hoping to apply for an MSc at Staffs but I already have a Master's (in another area). Would I have to pay international student fees?

Thanks!

(I'm also having problems with your online application. It has allowed me to add 5 qualifications, but it keeps deleting the sixth. I've tried saving it multiple times and it keeps getting removed despite the maximum being ten. Any advice?)

Hi,
As long as your are a UK residents you will be charged the Home Student fees and not the International fees even if you are classified as an EQL student.

As to the application I'm sorry your having technical difficulties but I've had a chat with the admissions department who have asked if you could put any other Qualifications after your first five in the notes section with the application and when they receive the application they will confirm your qualifications.

If you have any more problems or questions about the application give me an email on [email protected] or give our enquiries team a call on 01782 294000

Hope that Helps
Jack
Reply 5
What are the term dates for Adult Nursing starting in March 2015? Need to fill out a form. :smile:
Original post by Obeacher
What are the term dates for Adult Nursing starting in March 2015? Need to fill out a form.

Hi Obeacher
The start of Adult nursing for the March intake will start around the 14th March. However due to the complexity of Nursing with placements if you would like to give Val Nixon a call 01743 261136, she will be able to help you further regarding the full academic year.

Hope that helps and if you any further questions feel free to contact me with the email address below
Jack
(Student Advisor)
[email protected]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,

I'm just quoting you in to let you know about our FAQ we've created above, and to introduce myself as the Official Rep for Staffordshire University on TSR. :smile:

If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to ask me and I'll be able to help you. :h:

How is everyone finding their application? I hope it's all going well :smile:

Katie

:h:

Spoiler

Hi hope everyone is finding our FAQ really helpful :smile:

If you do have any other questions just me know,

Katie
Hello,

I was just wondering if there was a way to find out your timetable before my course starts in September so I can fit work schedule's around it? Also if you could help me as to when I know when I will be starting Drama and Theatre Arts and how will I know where to go for the first week?

Hope you can help!
Thankyou,
Chantelle
Reply 10
Hi,

I have an interview for Staffordshire University.
I was wondering if you could maybe offer me some help. I was told that there would be a group interview and the topic of conversation would be the 6 C's. I was just curious as to what sorts of questions would be asked.

Also what is the interview like. What will the question be? Will there be scenario based questions?
Original post by MiriamA
Hi,

I have an interview for Staffordshire University.
I was wondering if you could maybe offer me some help. I was told that there would be a group interview and the topic of conversation would be the 6 C's. I was just curious as to what sorts of questions would be asked.

Also what is the interview like. What will the question be? Will there be scenario based questions?

Hey there,

I'm guessing this is for a nursing interview?

You'll have four activities: A group talk, a numeracy test, a group discussion and an interview.

You should dress smart like you would for a job interview. It's also a good idea to read up on current campaigns on the RCN website or other journals so you've got some knowledge about the profession.

I can't give you much more info than that but fingers crossed for you and good luck! Let me know how it goes,

Katie
Hello I'm looking to apply for the art extended four year degree. I was wondering if I receive a foundation certificate or any certification after completing the first year of study ?
Reply 13
Original post by Elfqueen1
Hello I'm looking to apply for the art extended four year degree. I was wondering if I receive a foundation certificate or any certification after completing the first year of study ?

is the course art and design? as i am hoping to take the same one i think...:smile:

Original post by twidge
is the course art and design? as i am hoping to take the same one i think...:smile:

Hey both,

Sorry for the really slow reply to this - i will try to get an answer for you about this today. If you do have any other questions then please do let me know.

Kris
Original post by twidge
Morning,Sorry for the slow reply - so after your first year of an extended four year degree you would receive a transcript (your marks for the year) but it wouldn't carry any credits towards the degree qualification. This means that you wouldn't get a certificate for it. If you wanted to talk to our team about it and to make sure that this is the right course for you - you can email [email protected] or phone: 01782 294400Kris

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending