The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Automotive Advice and General questions

Im setting BCU as my firm and im studying the Automotive BEng but i didnt apply for sandwich year but i now know i want to do one is that an issue or can they change it?

Also any advice or just a lowdown of how the course is in terms of how hard it is?

Also how are people finding it at BCU?
Reply 1
Hey Zac619

I'm currently studying at BCU and i think its a great university. The campus is lovely and the lecturers are helpful:biggrin:. i'm a third year student and I remember at the end of the second year we were all told that we could do a placement if we wanted to.You can phone to ask Uni to clarify whether or not you can do a placement year.I don't know anything about your course so can't help you with that.:frown:
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thankyou very much am really excited :smile: are you staying by the campus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Zac619
Thankyou very much am really excited :smile: are you staying by the campus?

Its very exciting, your going to have a great time at BCU :biggrin: No, I live in birmingham and live at home which is close to university. Are you from birmingham?
Reply 4
No im from peterborough and hope to stay at jennens court if i can. Whats it like in the city around the uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
why was I alerted to this...? Lmao xD
Reply 6
Hi i am about to start A foundation year in Automotive Engineering and then hopefully progress on to Bsc- Motorsport. Is there anyone else on here that is doing what i am doing ? I live in Birmingham too.
Original post by Zac619
Im setting BCU as my firm and im studying the Automotive BEng but i didnt apply for sandwich year but i now know i want to do one is that an issue or can they change it?

Also any advice or just a lowdown of how the course is in terms of how hard it is?

Also how are people finding it at BCU?

Hi Zach,

Great to hear that you want to firm a place here at BCU :smile: In terms of changing your course, can you please send an email to [email protected] with your name, date of birth, UCAS ID, course you have applied for and your query (in this case applying for the sandwich year). They'll be able to help you with this :smile: Please bear in mind that it's a busy time for admissions if you don't hear from them straight away, they will get back to you as soon as they can.

Also we thought this may be of interest to you. One of our 'I will shape the world' graduates that we have been showcasing on our social media platforms did this course and he is currently working for Aston Martin. Here's his profile. Not bad!

We hope that helps. We look forward to seeing you around in September :biggrin:

Sunny (BCU Team)

Quick Reply

Latest