The Student Room Group

Cie igcse history mega-thread

Hi guys,

So as History exams are coming up, I decided to create this thread in order to benefit all history exam takers. Lets share notes, help each other out and ask the past takers for advice (c0balt...). Let's cooperate and get those A*.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So, The main scheme of CIE IGCSE HISTORY is 7 Core topics and 1 extended. So can anyone explain what do you need to know for all the papers.
What topics are you preparing for? We've studied: Weimar Germany, Nazi Germany, International Relations, The Treaties and Cold War. :tongue: I love History...:biggrin:
Reply 3
Well, there are 7 core topics + 1 extended. Forgot to say; are you doing 19th or 20th century?
Reply 4
Can anyone recommend a good revision book for IGCSE history for Edexcel, I looked on Amazon but couldn't seem to find any?
Reply 5
Original post by Sarah570
Can anyone recommend a good revision book for IGCSE history for Edexcel, I looked on Amazon but couldn't seem to find any?

Idk if the syllabus for edexel and CIE are similar, but here is a cambrdige study guide but for 20th century history:http://www.amazon.co.uk/20th-Century-History-Cambridge-IGCSE®/dp/0198332602/ref=reader_auth_dp
Reply 6
Alright guys hi there
I'm the person AlphaWalfZ mentioned for some reason lol
I got an A* in CIE History last year. If you have any question ask me :biggrin:
And here's the note on interwar relations I made last year. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3239823

Just be aware that the syllabus changed this year. The style of paper 4 is now different and I think Gulf War must be covered in addition this year. But I will help with other general questions!
Reply 7
If 10 people join this thread and ask, I think I will share my handwritten 40 pages of notes. Does anyone have relevant timelines for all the topics. That will make my life way easier.
Reply 8
I'm so nervous about this , does anyone have any predictions for possible League of Nations questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I believe that it will probably be about how the league was inadequate from the start to govern without major powers...Maybe check the specimen papers and past papers.
Reply 10
It is hard to predict with CIE because there are different variants and there is November paper too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it will be best to memorise that topic by heart, know all the details and practice past papers. Any question you will receive will be easy for you.
Anyone have timelines for all the main questions?
So i just got the 20th century rev guide, but couldn't find Russia in the depth guide. Is it removed from the syllabus. Anyone have depth study Russia notes?
Ugh, how much should you write for each question, in term of the page.
Reply 15
Original post by AlphaWolfZ
Ugh, how much should you write for each question, in term of the page.

Until you are satisfied lol

I ended up using 14 pages of answer booklet for paper 1 and 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Until you are satisfied lol

I ended up using 14 pages of answer booklet for paper 1 and 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! And for P1 only, how much did you write? For each question I write like 1.5 page, so maybe for 1 paper i do 5 pages.
Reply 17
Wow! And for P1 only, how much did you write? For each question I write like 1.5 page, so maybe for 1 paper i do 5 pages.

I dont remember but I wrote far more than I did in practice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi C0balt,
So, for the describe question a), how many points should you include. If you use 1 point and a explanation, isn't that 2 marks. Also in this mark scheme it say that if you use this sentences you get 3 marks??

(http://www.examtestprep.com/CIE/IGCSE/History-0470/2014/Cambridge-IGCSE-History-Mark-Scheme-12-Winter-2014.html)

P.S. it's question 5 a)

Merci beaucoup.
Reply 19
Hi C0balt,
So, for the describe question a), how many points should you include. If you use 1 point and a explanation, isn't that 2 marks. Also in this mark scheme it say that if you use this sentences you get 3 marks??

(http://www.examtestprep.com/CIE/IGCSE/History-0470/2014/Cambridge-IGCSE-History-Mark-Scheme-12-Winter-2014.html)

P.S. it's question 5 a)

Merci beaucoup.

I just wrote as much as I knew really. Better be safe than be sorry later lol
I'm not the examiner and I didn't get to see my actual exam so I can't really comment on precise marking details

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending