The Student Room Group

Does age matter in?

relationships?:confused:

Scroll to see replies

I don't understand the question...
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
relationships?:confused:

Age is just a number, prison is just a room.
Reply 3
If you don't want to spend the rest of your adult life in prison.

Yes.
Reply 4
How is the question hard? Talking about if your were 18+
Nope as long as you re on the same page on important things
Original post by Anonymous
How is the question hard? Talking about if your were 18+

I said I didn't understand..didn't say it was hard. Doesn't matter if both people are over 18. it's legal
It depends what the ages are.
Reply 8
Say if someone was 20 with someone 30/31
Only if someone was younger than me, then it'd matter a lot.
To answer your question OP I think to some extent yes, like a 35 year old is going to have a lot more life experience than a 22 year old they might also be ready to settle down while the young person isn't.

Original post by beeninetytwo
Only if someone was younger than me, then it'd matter a lot.

What's wrong with going younger? I get that younger can be (not always) more immture but if you like someone who is a year younger than you I don't see what the issue is.
Reply 11
Depends. I'm 18 and I wouldn't date anyone over 25 atm because my family probably wouldn't like it. But when I'm 22 or so, I'll probably be open to all older ages.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kayleighisonfire
To answer your question OP I think to some extent yes, like a 35 year old is going to have a lot more life experience than a 22 year old they might also be ready to settle down while the young person isn't. What's wrong with going younger? I get that younger can be (not always) more immture but if you like someone who is a year younger than you I don't see what the issue is.
Oh, there isn't anything wrong with younger,:nah: I'm younger :tongue: It just isn't something that I would choose myself :fluffy:

Older people can be immature too. And I too don't see how a year wouldn't make a difference if you were into people your own age. :pirateprincess:
Oh, there isn't anything wrong with younger,:nah: I'm younger :tongue: It just isn't something that I would choose myself :fluffy:

Yeah but would you be with someone younger than you? I've gone younger and I've been older and to be honest the older have been worse... only interested in sex and nothing else.
Original post by kayleighisonfire
but would you be with someone younger than you? I've gone younger and I've been older and to be honest the older have been worse... only interested in sex and nothing else.
Your quote was broken but I was stalking you anyway :mmm::ninja:

I doubt it but who knows :dontknow: Maybe as I get older I'll want me one of them toy boys :perv::perv:
Everybody is interested in sex :daydreaming: And how old is older? :beard: Maybe it's the kind of people you've met? :moon:
(edited 8 years ago)
Your quote was broken but I was stalking you anyway :mmm::ninja:

I doubt it but who knows :dontknow: Maybe as I get older I'll want me one of them toy boys :perv::perv:
Everybody is interested in sex :daydreaming: And how old is older? :beard: Maybe it's the kind of people you've met? :moon:

Ahh sorry. Ooh I have my own stalker! :eek:
Yeah maybe you will change your mind. I know they are but he'd message me at like 11:30 saying come round and we can watch a film in bed... everyone knows you never end up watching the film. He was 4 years older than me. Maybe it is.
It can cause complications if the gap is too massive. 21 and 50 for example, both legal but very complicated.

If it's not ludicrously huge then no it doesn't matter (as long as both are above the age of consent)
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
It can cause complications if the gap is too massive. 21 and 50 for example, both legal but very complicated.

If it's not ludicrously huge then no it doesn't matter (as long as both are above the age of consent)

Complications? It's a relationship, not surgery :teehee:. And I am in my 20's and only want men over 40. I condescended to try to date a 20something yr old just recently and just as I figured, the dud is a tramp and uneducated and unambitious and uninspired. I need to know of these complications of being with a real man.
Original post by Miss Andry
Complications? It's a relationship, not surgery :teehee:. And I am in my 20's and only want men over 40. I condescended to try to date a 20something yr old just recently and just as I figured, the dud is a tramp and uneducated and unambitious and uninspired. I need to know of these complications of being with a real man.

I had a friend, she was in her mid twenties, her fiance was in his mid fifties. He already had grown up children to two previous wives, and grandchildren, and had gone through the snip.

She wanted kids, which is understandable. He didn't, which is also understandable. They went through a lot of ups and downs and nearly broke up (although both loved each other dearly). Then he had his snip reversed for her, at a great expense financially.

She was delighted, they planned the wedding, but something still held her back. There was the worry of what sort of a life it would be for her child to have an old man for a father who can't run around and play with the child, and who will die when s/he is still young. She worried about how she would be only in her 40s and having to be a carer for her elderly husband. She worried about being left on her own when he ultimately dies. There was a lot for her to think about.

So less than a month before the wedding, she broke it off and moved out.

End of story. All true by the way.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I had a friend, she was in her mid twenties, her fiance was in his mid fifties. He already had grown up children to two previous wives, and grandchildren, and had gone through the snip.

She wanted kids, which is understandable. He didn't, which is also understandable. They went through a lot of ups and downs and nearly broke up (although both loved each other dearly). Then he had his snip reversed for her, at a great expense financially.

She was delighted, they planned the wedding, but something still held her back. There was the worry of what sort of a life it would be for her child to have an old man for a father who can't run around and play with the child, and who will die when s/he is still young. She worried about how she would be only in her 40s and having to be a carer for her elderly husband. She worried about being left on her own when he ultimately dies. There was a lot for her to think about.

So less than a month before the wedding, she broke it off and moved out.

End of story. All true by the way.

It's based on your friend. Right. So the main issue seems to be that he already has kids, probably around her age. Ok...and if he doesn't? Also she could be on a different maturity level than I am, and her spouse could be on a different maturity level than the man I would be interested in. So I'm not really impressed by the fact that it didn't work out for your friend, but I see your point. And the other issue seems to be that he'll be out of shape because he's old. Well I know out of shape young people. And I'm not dating like a geriatric so die when still young? I'm into reasonably aged men like 40s and 50s. He will definitely be around for the kid, but maybe not the grandkid, but I grew up without grandparents and it didn't affect me. And no offense to your friend but I'd never marry a man who doesn't want kids, or with feelings of worry about my career.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending