The Student Room Group

Is a level biology really hard?

Im predicted an A at gcse and A in maths(if that helps)
will i struggle
It is a lot of work - learning definitions, processes etc, but it isn't really that difficult to understand. As long as you are capable of learning a lot of information, you will be fine.
I took Maths, Chem, Physics, Bio at A-Level and Biology was the easiest by far. If I remember correctly, I was doing AQA and they liked to put big essay style questions at the end of their papers that were really easy to get high marks on.

But yes, Biology is still quite a lot of work. It's a jump from GCSEs.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Content isn't too difficult, there's just a lot to remember. As long as you don't leave revision until 1 week before the exams you should get a decent grade.
I found it quite difficult but everyone's different

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
The content is easy but the markschemes are bull**** !
Original post by Keyhofi
I took Maths, Chem, Physics, Bio at A-Level and Biology was the easiest by far. If I remember correctly, I was doing AQA and they liked to put big essay style questions at the end of their papers that were really easy to get high marks on.

But yes, Biology is still quite a lot of work. It's a jump from GCSEs.

Which is thew haredest out of them as im considering all 4
what did u get at gcse in each and what are u getting now
Original post by youreanutter
Which is thew haredest out of them as im considering all 4
what did u get at gcse in each and what are u getting now

Physics was the hardest for me (and also had the biggest drop out rate between AS and A2 - I think it was something like 50%), although if you are strong mathematically but have a weak memory you may find Chemistry to be harder. At GCSE in these subjects I was getting A*'s and A's with 100% exam marks not being too uncommon. Right now I'm in my fourth year of a sandwich Master's degree in physics working at about a first class (top grade), although some of my marks fall into the 2:1 category (second highest grade).

I would say if you are planning to study a maths-based degree like physics, drop biology and take further maths instead. I wish I had done that but I hadn't decided on what I wanted to do at that point in my life, so I simply picked my strong areas for my A-Levels.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest