The Student Room Group

British Council English Language Assistants 2015-2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have been allocated lower saxony :smile: (Niedersachsen)
Me too! - and so have 2 other people I know. Has anyone been allocated anywhere else?
Some of my friends have been allocated in Hessen, Hamburg and Baden-Württemberg and all seem pretty happy. Congrats on your placements people!

Still gar nichts about Austria which makes me sad, but hey! Hopefully by the end of the week! :smile:)
Hi, I've been allocated Lübeck in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. It was my third choice and I didn't want to be in a city, so I'm pretty gutted :frown: but at least I know where- anyone else in North Germany?
Reply 24
How do you already know what city you're in???
I've finally been allocated my school! I'm teaching at a lycée in central Nancy. Couldn't be happier :smile:

How is everyone else getting on?
Reply 26
That's great I'm pleased for you! I don't know my specific school yet, maybe each region is different. I hope mine is central!
Original post by CongressTart
I've finally been allocated my school! I'm teaching at a lycée in central Nancy. Couldn't be happier :smile:

How is everyone else getting on?

Congrats! I'm still waiting to hear back about which school I've been allocated to in Nice. Hopefully I'll find out soon! How do they do the whole thing? Post? Email? I really don't know what to expect lol
Original post by Cydonie
That's great I'm pleased for you! I don't know my specific school yet, maybe each region is different. I hope mine is central!

Thanks :smile: Nancy-Metz was originally my third choice in terms of region, so I reckon they made up for it by giving me my preferred age group and area. Hope you get lucky too!

Original post by FrenchNerd
Congrats! I'm still waiting to hear back about which school I've been allocated to in Nice. Hopefully I'll find out soon! How do they do the whole thing? Post? Email? I really don't know what to expect lol

I found out by post - it might vary from region to region, but here's what happened for me. Basically, you'll get two pieces of paper. One is a letter from the ministry of education (specifically the department that deals with your region), which tells you what school(s) you've been allocated. It also gives you an email address to contact the school with and a little form at the bottom for you to fill out and send back to the ministry. The other is your arrete de nomination, which lists the school(s) you'll be working at, the dates you'll be working, the percentage of time you'll spend at each school, and how many hours you'll be working per week.

Hope you hear back from them soon :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 29
Found out I'm going to a small town near Munich :biggrin: excited now! Anyone else in Bavaria?
Reply 30
I have found out that I will be in Leer which is right on the Dutch border - perfect for me as I am learning Dutch as well :smile:
Original post by anna__
I am going to Germany and we haven't heard anything yet! Was absolutely gutted to go on FB and see everyone doing French having their placements but having heard nothing from Germany :frown:

I am going to hessen, where are you going?
Original post by kuteascake
Some of my friends have been allocated in Hessen, Hamburg and Baden-Württemberg and all seem pretty happy. Congrats on your placements people!

Still gar nichts about Austria which makes me sad, but hey! Hopefully by the end of the week! :smile:)

Where in Hessen are your friends going? I am going to a town called Hoerscht about 10km from Frankfurt am Main/.
Only just discovered this post, but I am going to Austria :smile: Found out that I'll be in Niederösterreich, but still waiting is agony on where exactly I'm going! My friends in France and Germany already know exactly :s-smilie:

PS. If anyone wants in touch even with them, they're going to Rennes, Metz and NRW respectively!
(edited 8 years ago)
I got my letter a couple of days ago at home which my Dad scanned over to me (I got a bit sad that I am on holiday!), I'm going to be in a secondary school in Ajaccio in Corsica. I did get the same documents as in post #29 except the contact details for the school, I only got the address. I'm trying to find an e-mail address for the school, it must have one. It's actually two schools officially, but they're next to each other and share a name and address.

Has anyone contacted their school(s) yet?
Ahh this group is perfect, just what I'm looking for. TSR was one of the last places I was going to look as I've just received my graduation results this week, and as of a few weeks time, I will no longer be a student.

Anyway, for people going to Switzerland, have any of you received your confirmation letter yet from the UK side? I'm still awaiting mine, although I've been sent all of the forms for my school and know where it is and everything. The Swiss authorities have sent me all the information I have right now.

What is making me worry, is I've been a British Council assistant previously (I was in Lille, France for 2013-4) and I know the IPCC needs to be there soon - you have to do that regardless of what country you're going to: but also if like France, Switzerland requires a translation of a birth certificate? The IPCC - the Protection Certificate which has to be done regardless if you end up in Montréal, Calais, Vienna or Beijing etc. had to be done by the 1st August 2013 (first time around), and I had all the details for that WELL IN ADVANCE. It's now the end of June, and I've heard nothing.
Original post by Cydonie
2015/16, starting this October, my region choices in preference order are Lyon, Clermont Ferrand and Lille, fingers crossed! What are yours? x

If you get Lille, ask me anything. I was there 2 years ago. Also I can help a little with Lyon as I spent a few days there last March (2014)
Original post by Cydonie
Not half, I submitted the application in November!

Me as well, it's more about the size of the town/city that I'm worried about, but Lyon would be a nice extra. I want to know where I'll be more precisely as soon as poss to arrange accomodation, so as to avoid ending up in an overpriced basement, but apparently they can leave telling applicants right up until september!

If you're in a city like I was, go to www.nexity.fr. The prices may look steep, but they're worth it, and when you get the CAF (which you'll be told about) it will knock a hell of a lot off of the price. HOWEVER, Nexity require garantors and if you don't know anyone, you'll have to pay a year's rent up front. I had to do that, BUT that meant whenever the CAF payment came in, for me it was a monthly reimbursement. CAF are very VERY good. My friends stayed in cheaper places which cost them 15 euros a week in the city centre (240 euros a month without CAF), right by the eurostar which was nice, but I just preferred somewhere a bit bigger and a little more posh, and mine came to about 40 euros in general per week. Nexity supply EVERYTHING in the bill apart from electricity. You have to set a direct debit up for that. Mine was 30 euros a month with EDF.
Reply 38
Thanks for all that info, it's very useful right now. As it happens I have been placed in Lille, but I'm now waiting on precisely which school I'm posted to. How was your school, was it secondary? I'm worried they'll be feral teens who'll rip me to shreds! Nexity sounds good, the quality of accommodation is very important to me, was it well located (ie central)?

Thanks in advance, Cyd
Reply 39
Has anyone sorted out their ICPC stuff yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending