The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Biology - 6B101 + 6B102 - Unit 1 and Unit 2 Exam Discussion Thread

Poll

How did the exam go?

:cookie:

I'm not sure if there's a post on Edexcel Biology AS exams so I've decided to make a thread on it :smile:

We only have about 3 weeks before the actual exam happens so best we start revising!! :cry2:
IMPORTANT NOTE:
You are NOT allowed to share exam materials which are locked on the Edexcel website or not available to students or materials used for the IAA controlled assessments.

This thread is anything related to the exam, please do not post anything off-topic and for you information, you CAN post any exam questions after having done either paper.

This thread is for GCE students doing the Edexcel AS Biology specification.

Do feel free to discuss what you might think will pop up and share any resources on this thread.

If you need any help, hopefully someone will get back to you if you post on this thread :smile:
EDIT:
PAGE 116: UNIT 1 AND 2 SOLUTIONS, please do rep @sat_freak who kindly made the solutions and posted the papers :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Are the papers with R next to them, the international ones?
Reply 2
Original post by kdizzle97
Are the papers with R next to them, the international ones?

The Paper 1R versions I believe are meant to be the reserved/replacement ones for students who couldn't attend the exam on the day due to certain reasons (according to my Chemistry teachers).
International students usually do the IAL not GCE specification.

Typically the R papers are harder than the other ones :redface:
Reply 3
does anyone have any predictions?
does anyone have any good revision notes they can post?
thanks
The sodium, chlorine and water levels in the endothelial cells concept is a HUGE pain! Any tips guys?
Reply 5
anyone???????????
Reply 6
Original post by Feraligatr
The Paper 1R versions I believe are meant to be the reserved/replacement ones for students who couldn't attend the exam on the day due to certain reasons (according to my Chemistry teachers).
International students usually do the IAL not GCE specification.

Typically the R papers are harder than the other ones :redface:

R papers are sat by people in a +5 hours timezone. They aren't specifically international as they follow the same spec as normal papers, not IAL.

I don't generally believe they are harder as the same number of people have to get each grade; the grade boundaries are adjusted accordingly
Reply 7
predictions....?--- what core practicle do you guys think will come up?
Reply 8
any predictions?
Reply 9
Original post by mismash

Original post by its_tma
any predictions?

To be completely honest with you, I wouldn't neccessarily rely on predictions. Anything could come up.

Its better to revise everything than revise what you predict.

Based on what I predict though, I'm assertive that the heart/CVD will come up since it always does
Reply 10
helloooooo.......if anyone has got any good revison notes they have made or found or other snab resources, it would be very useful if you can post then on here
thankss
Reply 11
Original post by mismash

for IAL Biology Unit 3, its the mineral deficiency one.
Original post by mismash
helloooooo.......if anyone has got any good revison notes they have made or found or other snab resources, it would be very useful if you can post then on here
thankss

Loads of resources on Scribd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A84
for IAL Biology Unit 3, its the mineral deficiency one.

Again, this is for GCE students not IAL. I've mentioned that on the other thread for Edexcel GCE Chemistry.
Original post by TheGreatImposter
Loads of resources on Scribd

Posted from TSR Mobile

You ready? :frown:
Original post by rory58824
The sodium, chlorine and water levels in the endothelial cells concept is a HUGE pain! Any tips guys?

The fat Edexcel book provides a lot of information about CFTR and the process :smile:
Original post by Feraligatr
You ready? :frown:

Not really, got to go over it again but there's just so much to do and not enough time :frown: wby?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGreatImposter
Not really, got to go over it again but there's just so much to do and not enough time :frown: wby?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel like I'm kinda ready but don't feel like I'm ready enough :redface: I don't lke practical questions, especially the Vitamin C ones :redface:
Reply 18
how are yo u feeling for unit 2?
Original post by mismash
how are yo u feeling for unit 2?

I feel like Unit 2 isn't real science, its mainly just ethics (for Topic 3) and ecology (for Topic 4). Most science is Fertilisation, Mitosis and Cellular Organelles.

Quick Reply

Latest