The Student Room Group

WJEC AS Biology BY1 - Thursday 21st May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by katemate98
What do you think the boundaries will be for an A? Last year it was 45 and I think this paper was hard like last years...

50 for an A, last year was way harder
Did everyone get 50 for the question about the DNA strand?
Reply 82
Original post by Aaronjoones

Yeah
Reply 83
Original post by Aaronjoones

Yep :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
What people say for garlic?
Reply 85
No, it was 45. Maybe a bit harder but people definitely found this paper harder than other years. https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/default.aspx

I thought and most of my school, that this year was quite a bit easier than last years, our teachers maybe emphasised different parts to us tho?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr rump
50 for an A, last year was way harder

50? I don't think it will be that much higher. I hope not anyway
Reply 87
Original post by Mr rump
What people say for garlic?

What part?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
50? I don't think it will be that much higher. I hope not anyway

There weren't many hard questions to be honest
Original post by Mr rump
There weren't many hard questions to be honest

Compared to other papers (except last year), it was harder though. Oh well I still think I would've got 50+ so I'll hope for an A.
Reply 90
Compared to other papers (except last year), it was harder though. Oh well I still think I would've got 50+ so I'll hope for an A.

2013 was ridiculously easy so you have a point there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91

How was it affect by growing in whatever it's called? There was only one question wasn't there on garlic?
Original post by VeepFan
2013 was ridiculously easy so you have a point there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was it? I can't remember which paper is which although I have done them all. I just checked and it was 52 for an A in summer 2013
Reply 93
Original post by Mr rump
How was it affect by growing in whatever it's called? There was only one question wasn't there on garlic?

Oh, growing with the weird thing stopped spindle forming, so the cell was unable to undergo mitosis, nothing pulled apart the chromosomes or attached to them, this was shown in the graph as DNA was replicated but then unable to half, whereas the one grown in water could divide normally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Was it? I can't remember which paper is which although I have done them all. I just checked and it was 52 for an A in summer 2013

I did it last night in about 20 minutes and got 67/68 yeah summer 13

Posted from TSR Mobile
So annoyed about this paper. BY1 was probably my strongest module and in all the past papers I was doing well. I got 120 UMS in last years paper when I did it a few days ago. This paper was just horrible. Would be shocked if I scraped a B.
Reply 96
That's what I said too, think I did pretty well then! Messed up virus part though, why was it important to cell for the inhibitor?
Original post by VeepFan
What do people think will be grade boundaries this year? Last summer you needed 61 for 120ums?

last summer was 55 for 120 ums
Reply 98
Original post by Mr rump
That's what I said too, think I did pretty well then! Messed up virus part though, why was it important to cell for the inhibitor?

Didn't quite know what to say but saw it was only one mark, so I said it enabled the cell to maintain a stable concentration of isolenuencgehfgdn

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hated it !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending