The Student Room Group

WJEC AS Biology BY1 - Thursday 21st May 2015

Poll

How confident are you for the BY1 exam? 10 is most confident and 1 is least confident

Hi Guys,

There was no thread on this so I thought I would make one.

So generally, how do you feel about your preparation to the exam? Any exam tips or any revision tips?

Also, how confident are you on a scale of 1-10?

Finally, just write down the grades for each Module that you think you would achieve. For example: BY1 (A) BY2 (A) BY3 (B)

Regards and good luck!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

I was feeling confident, and I'm happy with most topics. I've just been going over details, but I had a past paper today and I've lost some confidence. It was either things I didn't expect like hydra nerve nets, or topics I'm confident on in very awkward formats and with unusual questions. Still... aiming for a B.
Don't be put off from one exam paper ! I was like you - I was going through topics and memorising things and I was so confident till I done one of the exam papers that disappointed me. However, I learn from them and this is the good thing. Its fine to know your mistakes now, rather than knowing them in the exam.
Reply 3
hey guys!! i know nobodies been on this thread for ages but I was wondering if anybody had any good revision notes they could share?
I really struggle with biology but due to a really bad exam timetable, I haven't been able to revise it until now, so I'm really panicking about the exam tomorrow!
If anybody could share any resources I'd be really grateful
Original post by hannb98
hey guys!! i know nobodies been on this thread for ages but I was wondering if anybody had any good revision notes they could share?
I really struggle with biology but due to a really bad exam timetable, I haven't been able to revise it until now, so I'm really panicking about the exam tomorrow!
If anybody could share any resources I'd be really grateful

do you have the human biology wjec revision guide? I use that as revision :smile:
if you search through the tsr articles awhile ago I wrote all my notes on here as an article named By1 or something.
How'd everyone find it?
Reply 6
Original post by joeteeeeee
How'd everyone find it?

I found it better than last year's paper for sure
Reply 7
Same, much nicer paper than last years
That was so weird. It wasn't hard at all, but it was just really weird. O.o
Especially the cell fusion thing. I assumed it was because of the whole fluid mosaic proteins scattered randomly throughout and all the components could move thing but I just ended up making up loads of crap afterwards as I wasn't sure what the third mark was for.
Definitely was a better paper than last years, could earn a lot of easy marks! But looking on twitter, a few people found it really hard and the worst paper..:dontknow:
Reply 10
Original post by DistantTraces
That was so weird. It wasn't hard at all, but it was just really weird. O.o
Especially the cell fusion thing. I assumed it was because of the whole fluid mosaic proteins scattered randomly throughout and all the components could move thing but I just ended up making up loads of crap afterwards as I wasn't sure what the third mark was for.

Yea, I mentioned the fluid mosaic model, and how the phosphates are polar and the tails are non polar
Reply 11
Who did the biosensor 10 marker?
I've done every single past pape and this one was definitely the most.... Weirdest
Original post by Eddiemaiden
I've done every single past pape and this one was definitely the most.... Weirdest

My tutor had said they have a new examiner that writes the papers.. could be a new layout?
Original post by lewbarty
Who did the biosensor 10 marker?

I did! What did you say the advantages were?
Original post by Ceriidwen
My tutor had said they have a new examiner that writes the papers.. could be a new layout?

Maybe! Some of the diagrams were misleading.. Hmm!
This was so hard could so embody post the answers?
Reply 17
Original post by Eddiemaiden
I did! What did you say the advantages were?

Wrote about immobilised enzymes a bit and then like it can detect small traces- in medicine and forensics wbu?
This was the worst paper I've ever sat
Reply 19
Original post by JazzyT17
This was so hard could so embody post the answers?

What questions I'll see if I can help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending