The Student Room Group

Rejected from a minimum wage job

Please keep anon or delete.

I today received an email that I was rejected from further consideration from a part-time bar/kitchen job at a budget hotel chain. :frown:

At times like this I really don't know what to do next.

They said they had other candidates with more relevant skills and experience, but YOU DONT NEED ANY SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE in this job. All you have do is put some frozen chips in a microwave and then pull a pint.

I fear I am being rejected because I AM SKILLED. Maybe I should take my degree off my CV, seeing as it's a monkey round my back now.

So hard to find a job. :frown:
I know it sucks, and it eems you wont ever get out of this situation, but you will. You really will.

My advice is, see a careers advisor (you uni mut have some), and ask them to look at your CV for tips. Also do mock interviews with them for practice.

Along with this, apply apply apply. Try to make sure you tailor applications to the organisation, rather than mass applying with a general covering letter.

Best of luck.

P.S. Many people have been rejected for lower-paying jobs and have gone on to be massive successes, so do NOT take it as a reflection on you. The reality is, they would have had hundreds of applications, a lot with previous experience in that role, so those candidates will naturally get picked ahead of you. Sucks, i know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending