The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
So Rio's announced his retirement. He should have called it a day last summer tbh.

One of the best defenders of his generation without a doubt though.

He's retired for his kids obviously, think he would've played on if it wasn't for the tragedy.
He's a legendary defender and he'll never be forgotten for his contribution to our club. Hopefully Rio gets a coaching job at United, he'd certainly whip our defense into shape.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reus and Hummels 100% staying here at BVB for next season, Gundogan signing for Barcelona in January 2016. Just thought I would let you man utd fans know.
Vidic and Rio one of the best PL partnerships.
Original post by Rk2k14
Vidic and Rio one of the best PL partnerships.

Unbelievable. I hope we see something half as good as that pair in the future.

On another note, just got confirmation today I've got a pair of season tickets secured in the Stretford End for the new season. :jive:

So excited now.. come on August, get here faster!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hayles101

On another note, just got confirmation today I've got a pair of season tickets secured in the Stretford End. :jive:

So hard to get a season ticket:frown:

We had high hopes for Smalling and Jones but guess it wasn't meant to be.

Otamendi and Smalling for the future:colondollar:
he comes from Serbia

On another note, just got confirmation today I've got a pair of season tickets secured in the Stretford End for the new season. :jive:

Were you on a waiting list? I'm dying to get my hands on a season ticket in the Stretford End and was hoping to go to all the home games next season :cry:

Original post by Rk2k14

We had high hopes for Smalling and Jones but guess it wasn't meant to be.

Otamendi and Smalling for the future:colondollar:

Yeah seems like getting a season ticket is difficult, just look out for tickets on twitter if you ever want to attend a home game.

Smalling and Jones still have time, even though they've been here for 4/5 seasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Were you on a waiting list? I'm dying to get my hands on a season ticket in the Stretford End and was hoping to go to all the home games next season :cry:

Yeah seems like getting a season ticket is difficult, just look out for tickets on twitter if you ever want to attend a home game.

Smalling and Jones still have time, even though they've been here for 4/5 seasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't see how it's difficult? You can apply online now and they'll offer you the tickets at some point before the season starts
Original post by BorussiaDortmund
Reus and Hummels 100% staying here at BVB for next season, Gundogan signing for Barcelona in January 2016. Just thought I would let you man utd fans know.

Can I also have this weekends lottery numbers and the result of next seasons Charity Shield please?

Original post by difeo
Don't see how it's difficult? You can apply online now and they'll offer you the tickets at some point before the season starts

It's easy getting an ST but good luck getting one in Stretty Tier 2 without a long wait.

Original post by Rk2k14

Maybe I have been quite fortunate then as if I'm honest, I've found it relatively easy to get a pair. Basically I registered my interest online about 2-3 months ago. They then called me out of the blue last month and said that they were taking deposits for tickets (£100 per ticket) and if I paid then I'd go onto like a priority list.

So I paid that and they called me today and gave me a choice of a few locations so I chose tier 2 of stretty end. It's been a lot more straight forward than I thought it might be. Maybe if you haven't paid a deposit then you're going to struggle, not sure.

I will go to 90% of games but for midweek games and Boxing Day for example when I'll be home with family, I'm really going to struggle. I work Monday to Friday so champions league games will basically require holiday. But we'll see how we go with that and who we get etc. Any games I can't go to I will post on here and give you guys a chance to take them. Face value of course. You can just BACS me the money and I'll send them recorded delivery.
(edited 8 years ago)
^What a doll
Can I also have this weekends lottery numbers and the result of next seasons Charity Shield please?

I'm a dortmund fan.... It's common knowledge that these are the futures for the players
Original post by TornadoGR4
^What a doll

I've had so many season ticket holders help me out this season. I definely owe a few favours out. Karma and all that :wink:
Maybe I have been quite fortunate then as if I'm honest, I've found it relatively easy to get a pair. Basically I registered my interest online about 2-3 months ago. They then called me out of the blue last month and said that they were taking deposits for tickets (£100 per ticket) and if I paid then I'd go onto like a priority list.

So I paid that and they called me today and gave me a choice of a few locations so I chose tier 2 of stretty end. It's been a lot more straight forward than I thought it might be. Maybe if you haven't paid a deposit then you're going to struggle, not sure.

I will go to 90% of games but for midweek games and Boxing Day for example when I'll be home with family, I'm really going to struggle. I work Monday to Friday so champions league games will basically require holiday. But we'll see how we go with that and who we get etc. Any games I can't go to I will post on here and give you guys a chance to take them. Face value of course. You can just BACS me the money and I'll send them recorded delivery.

I was quite fortunate last last seasons as i had a friend who had 2 season tickets so I went to a few games with him. But this season they called before the start of the season saying that I had the chance to go on the priority list and basically I could have got a season ticket but work and other commitments meant that I couldn't go:frown:.
I've not heard anything about deposits so I guess its when the demand for tickets is increasing or relatively close seats like tier 2 at the Stretford End. Then again who doesn't want to see Ronaldo back at OT.
What's even more annoying is that I live in Manchester, so its not like Old Trafford is a trek. Maybe in the future:tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are them sites 100%legit? Cant bring myself around to buying from sites other than the United one.
hope villa do the business....love rio....
Original post by Rk2k14
Are them sites 100%legit? Cant bring myself around to buying from sites other than the United one.

Twitter is as legit as it gets - just arrange to meet at the ground or in a nearby pub. Easy.
Original post by sr90
Twitter is as legit as it gets - just arrange to meet at the ground or in a nearby pub. Easy.

What if I get Catfished:biggrin:
Original post by sr90

Yep, can't speak highly enough of @drumd86 who runs @mufc_tickets.

Good people that will sort you out FV tickets.

Latest